Chapter 313

Even in death, an evil person like Taecyeon still managed to drag Jungkook down with him.

Jennie was torn when she thought of Tzuyu.

Taecyeon's death was supposed to give Tzuyu a second chance at love. However, Jungkook was in deep trouble now. Jennie thought, 'What would Tzuyu do now?'

A frail woman threw herself on Jennie when she left the police department. She grabbed Jennie with her little hands. "Jennie, did Jungkook really turn himself in?"

Jennie was shocked when she realized that this woman was Tzuyu. She noticed the hopeful look in Tzuyu's eyes. Tzuyu desperately wanted Jennie to refute these claims.

"Tzuyu, let's... Let's go home!"

Jennie dragged Tzuyu toward the parking lot.

"No!" Tzuyu pushed Jennie's arm away. "That place has never been my home... How could Jungkook kill somebody... He's such a kind person. You've wrongly accused him... I killed Taecyeon so the police should arrest me instead. Jungkook would never kill anyone..." said Tzuyu tearfully.

She lunged toward the police department.

Jennie noticed that Tzuyu was extremely emotional. She rushed over and held her. "Tzuyu, calm down!"

Tzuyu had trouble eating ever since her husband's murder. She threw up anything she ate. Her fragile body continued to grow weaker as she was unable to consume food.

She could not break away from Jennie's grasp.

"Jennie, let me go. I need to see Jungkook... I must tell him that... I love him..."

Tzuyu wailed loudly. She spared no effort to struggle past Jennie.

Jennie kept a tight grip around Tzuyu's waist and refused to let go. "Tzuyu, relax. I'm going to see Kai... He's the best lawyer in Luo Hai. He'll fight for Jungkook..."

Tzuyu wept pitifully. Tears streamed down her eyes. She had almost freed herself from Jennie's grip during their physical scuffle.

Tzuyu stopped crying when she heard what Jennie had said. "Jennie, is that true? Would Kai really do that?"

Jennie knew about Kai and Lisa's personal relationship. Frankly, she was unsure whether Lisa would insist on taking the Manoban Family's side.

Jennie would be forced to constantly pester Kai if Lisa disagreed with her.

"Don't worry, Tzuyu. I'll do everything I can. I'll ask Kai for help. Jungkook's case will be filed for a public prosecution. Don't act rashly because it'll upset Jungkook..."

Jennie stroked Tzuyu's messy hair while she spoke. Her heart ached terribly when she saw that Tzuyu's miserable little face was stained with tears.

"Jennie, I'll leave this to you then..."

Tzuyu sobbed before she following Jennie into her car obediently.

Jennie called Tian Qi and asked him to come over to drive Tzuyu's car back.

...

Hibiscus Garden...

Lisa noticed the gloomy expression on Jennie's face when she returned home. The woman's complexion was looking well after they had soaked in the hot springs together, but she looked completely worn out now. She even chased Little Ginger Fur Ball and Briquet away when they came over to play with her. She looked very troubled.

News of the murderer's surrender reached the Manoban Family Mansion in the afternoon. Lisa guessed that his wife was probably upset because of this. He recalled that Jennie and Tzuyu were good friends.