Chapter 301

It was already night time. The water was pitch black in spite of the surrounding lamps.

“Help…!”

Somi struggled to float as she shrieked with fear. Very soon, she began sinking into the water.

Jennie was stunned still for a few seconds, motionless.

The water was rather deep at where the mid-lake pavilion was located. When Jennie saw the woman in the water flailing her arms frantically, she panicked and shouted for help.

“Someone help! Somi has fallen into the water!”

The Manoban family had servants patrolling around the clock, so her shouts quickly drew the attention of people.

However, Somi was already submerged in the water. Even if the servants were to rush over, it would probably be too late.

Jennie remembered that there was once when they went swimming together in the UK, and Qinger choked on the water, hence she never really learned to swim.

At this point, Jennie could not care much. She shook off her shoes, jumped onto the railing of the mid-lake pavilion, and dived into the water…

The servants who heard the shout for help rushed over. When they saw two women struggling in the water, they hastily grabbed a large landing net to save them.

Jennie hit Somi hard on the head the moment she entered the water. Only with her fainted did she dare to haul her from behind. Although she was still breathing, she had swallowed mouthfuls of water.

The servants quickly notified Old Mistress at the Upper Mansion and the people in Hibiscus Garden that both mistresses had fallen into the water as they carried out first aid.

When Lisa returned to Hibiscus Garden and saw that the woman did not follow behind, he thought that she had gone to chat with Yeji. Who knew that she would go to the man-made lake?

Who was she playing in the water with?

With Somi!

Lisa rushed to the Upper Mansion as the servants had brought the two women there. The family doctor was quickly fetched. Even Minho and Yeji were called over.

As Jennie watched the huge commotion, she felt a terrible headache.

Walking through the door, Lisa saw that Somi was still lying unconscious in bed.

Jennie was also a mess. She was soaked, and strands of hair were stuck to her ear.

Although it was summer, falling abruptly into the water would still cause one to shiver from the cold.

This woman; her lip color was so unsightly!

Counting the days, Lisa was even more annoyed. He strode over, put his arms around her body that was wrapped in a bath towel, and scolded her in a low voice, “Are you courting death? Your menstruation is not over yet. How did you fall into the lake?”

Jennie's lips twitched upon hearing that. She smiled wryly as waves of pain was felt in the lower abdomen. She was in a panic just now and had not felt it. Only now did she realize that it was indeed only the second day of her period.

“It’s okay. I’ll be fine after taking a hot bath…”

Jennie was feeble. After all, this was her first time experiencing such a situation. Back then, the reason she learned to swim was so that she could save herself, but she did not expect herself to save a woman who tried to kill her today.

Somi was frightened, coupled with the fact that she had gulped down mouthfuls of water. When she was finally woken up by the doctor, the first thing she did was wail..