Chapter 257

"Uncle Kun, how do you feel today?"

Lisa sat beside Ye Kun and used a gentle tone when he spoke to him as though they had been friends for more than a decade.

Ye Kun faintly opened his eyes and smiled once he had gotten used to the light. Although he had gone through numerous hardships, his handsome looks from the past could still be faintly seen on his face.

Ye Kun's tone sounded faintly distressed as he spoke, "Young Master, I'm still alright. I've recently been eating more than usual so I'll probably start getting better soon!"

Lisa took a box of cigarettes out from his pocket and reached out to pass them to Ye Kun. "This is the flavor that Uncle Kun likes!"

Ye Kun glanced at the box. This brand of cigarettes called 1979 were specially supplied to the army. They were harsh cigarettes that could not be bought on the market.

"Doctor Manoban will scold me if he finds out!"

Ye Kun took the box from Lisa although his hands were
trembling intensely. "I'll hide them from him so that I can smoke them."

He sounded childish.

Lisa smiled. "Third Uncle is an expert in the medical field.
Frankly, you shouldn't smoke because of your overall health!"

Ye Kun sneered. His hand trembled terribly when he extended it. Since this condition had persisted for over a decade, he could not even lift bowls anymore.

No one could have imagined that Ye Kun used to be the greatest sharpshooter in the past. His arms were long and slender while there were tough callouses that neatly lined the bases of four of his fingers.

These bruises symbolized the discipline that he went through after experiencing hundreds of battles.

"My hands are worn out while the rest of my comrades are dead. I'm the only one living a miserable life today. Aside from the times when I smoke and temporarily forget these things, I feel as though I don't have a single redeeming quality..."

Ye Kun's eyes clouded over. He had been tormented by PTSD for nearly fourteen years!

Lisa reached his hand out and held Ye Kun's before whispering, "Uncle Kun, it's all in the past."

Ye Kun's lips faintly trembled before he shut his eyes. His hoarse voice sounded melancholic, "Young Master, you shouldn't have saved me this time... If you allowed me to go over there and accompany them, I actually think that it would have been rather nice..."

"Uncle Kun, the last name of the person who wanted to harm you this time is Kim!"

Lisa's voice was deep and flat while his stern eyes were
brimming with coldness.

Lisa had remained silent about the Zong He poisoning case for a long time.

Ye Kun's body violently shuddered when he heard that the murderer was a member of the Kim Family. He clambered up from the deck chair and gritted his teeth together so hard that they made screeching noises.

"I understand. Don't worry, Young Master. I won't die at the hands of this person named Kim!"

"The woman who directly administered the poison committed suicide today! However, she's not the only person that the Kim Family is manipulating."

Lisa exerted more force with his wrists and tightened his grip around Ye Kun's trembling hands.

Ye Kun laughed bitterly. His furious gaze was not as weak as before. His voice sounded rough and aged, "I have stayed alive miserably for so many years in hopes that I would see the Kim Family pay the price!"