Chapter 343

Wu Meiyun began to make the preparations on her end; from the hotel to the banquet specifications, from the reception to the clothing and the line of propriety gifts, she single-handedly managed it all for two days.

When Jennie saw the dress sent by her mother-in-law, everything instantly became clear. The dress had been prepared long beforehand, and this party was definitely not an idea that just popped up in Wu Meiyun's head recently.

Because Jennie did not want to live in the Park Family Mansion, Wu Meiyun sent her son away to go accompany Jennie at the hotel. She thought that Jimin would stay in the same hotel as Jennie.

On the morning of the third day, Wu Meiyun called her son and asked him to come over with Jennie. Jimin replied without much thinking, "I'm going to pick her up at Huajing Grand Hotel, so I'll be a little late!"

Wu Meiyun was surprised. "Didn't you stay together with RJ?"

Jimin was on the phone as he came out of the washroom. Walking to the balcony, what entered his eyes was the panoramic view of the Capital City. He knew that it was a slip of the tongue.

Last night, Hua Jing Grand Hotel had a reception group and the rooms were full, so he did not stay there but at a five-star hotel two kilometers away from Hua Jing.

"No, I had dinner after a meeting last night, and I drank too much, so I stayed over here..."

"Seriously, how could you over drink with those people? You left RJ alone in the room. What will she think of that? You shouldn't do this in the future!"

Wu Meiyun was very reasonable. Thinking of the fact that her daughter-in-law was unfamiliar with the people and places in the Capital City, she somewhat blamed her son.

Jimin hung up the phone and slumped onto a chair dejectedly.

The oriental white shattered as a ray of sunshine broke through the morning, giving off a glorious radiance instantly.

The man's heart was filled with grievances, but there was no place to vent. He and Jennie had always been sleeping apart in their respective rooms.

...

Wu Meiyun had said that it was a small-sized gathering with her girlfriends. After Jennie arrived, only then did she realize that she had underestimated the "small size" that her mother-in-law meant.

The Park Family was rather prominent among the Capital City's sphere of powerful people.

Although Old Master Park had retired, his prestige still remained, and he had many friends and subordinates too.

Wu Meiyun was also an outgoing person, and she maintained close contact with the ladies in her social circle. Hence, when the people heard that Old Wu was going to "showcase" her daughter-in-law, coupled with the fact that this mysterious cold beauty was someone they had long yearned to have a glimpse of, all those who received the invitation card showed up.

The family members who were similar to Jimin's age were also brought along.

They had the same thinking as Jisoo; if there were any family with the right candidate, at least they would be of the same social circle, and one should keep the goodies within the family so as to not benefit outsiders.

The banquet was organized in the grand hall of the Emperor's Restaurant.

It was not yet six in the evening, but Wu Meiyun had already led Jennie to welcome the guests at the entrance.

Jennie applied a light makeup today, and her seaweed-like dense, black hair was tied up high.

Jimin had chosen a set of blue diamond accessories for her. With Jennie's already fair skin, just a casual dress up would be able to bring out her charm. The luminescence of the blue diamond had a noble and mysterious air to it, making her look like an elegant white swan.