Chapter 352

Lisa was boiling soup for Jennie in the kitchen when he heard his son yelling for him, but the boy did not call him "Big Monkey" this time and sounded rather afraid. Lisa ran to the hall and gathered him into his arms. He asked, "What's wrong?"

"Dad, mom just told me that my little sister is in her belly because mom ate her!"

Leo turned around and peered at Jennie fearfully.

Jennie placed her hand on her forehead, her expression darkening.

The little boy really made her sound like the witch from Hansel and Gretel.

Lisa was momentarily baffled. The handsome man glanced at Jennie. He said in a deep voice, "What do you mean? What little sister?"

Jennie rolled her eyes at him. She was so embarrassed that she decided to ignore her son and his father. She merely rose and went to the bedroom.

Lisa remained glued to the spot. The scholar pondered for several minutes before connecting the dots finally. He was so emotional that his hands trembled when he lifted his son up high to spin him around happily. "You're going to have a little sister! My little princess is here!"

That would explain why the woman's appetite had increased during this period of time. She was also more bashful when her husband requested to make love at night. This was the reason.

Leo was mature for his age, but he was still a child after all. His parents' current behavior frightened him so much that he nearly cried.

Lisa regained his composure right away and consoled his son. He used a popular scientific analogy to explain the origins of children to his son.

"Dad, are you saying that you took a tadpole and placed it in mom's belly? Is it really going to grow up and become a child?"

Leo looked at himself. He simply could not believe that he used to be a "tadpole".

"Yes, you could say that!"

"So my parents are frogs..."

Hmm, that...

"How did you put it inside?" Leo asked another question. Lisa's entire body stiffened as he was caught unprepared by the question.

"Umm, I used a syringe to inject it..."

"Did it hurt as much as getting a flu shot?"

Leo pensively asked. His little face was flushed, and he looked rather scared.

"No, it didn't hurt. Little Leo, did you cry during your injection?"

"But mom cried when you inserted that thing inside her..." Leo said cautiously.

Lisa instantly thought that this little boy had a bright future ahead of him. He just made a dirty joke without batting an eyelid...

*

The Old Mistress was extremely fond of Leo when he returned. However, she was still a little unhappy about the fact that this child's last name was Park.

Her heart was filled with joy when she heard that Jennie was pregnant again. This baby's last name would be Manoban regardless whether it was a boy or a girl.

The Old Mistress felt rather remorseful when she recalled her treatment of Jennie all these years. She also noticed how her grandson had suffered during the years Jennie was gone.

Now that Jennie had returned, Lisa had also regained his former vigor.

The Old Mistress' grandson had suffered for half of his life. It looked like he treasured this young woman because she was the only person who could make him happy. As his grandmother, her remorse would probably follow her to her grave if she did not come to her senses.