Chapter 340

Kai said smilingly, "I just went there some time ago, so I won't be going there anytime soon. Why don't you come back to Luo Hai and we'll meet up here?"

Jennie heard the two words "Luo Hai" and her palms started to sweat. She held her phone and shook her head, "I don't think I'll be returning to Luo Hai. How's my mother lately?"

Kai knew that she did not dare return to Luo Hai. Furthermore, she was afraid to face her past. After all, the love of her life was here...

"Fortunately, the doctor said that she has recovered very well and can now eat by herself. However, you know that she lost her senses for many years. Even if she came back to her senses, she might not have memories of the past..."

"Yes, I know!"

Jennie's voice was shaking slightly. She suppressed the pain in her heart and said in a low voice, "Big Brother Kai, thank you for helping me the past few years, thank you..."

"Jenjen, you're being too modest. Lisa was the one who looked after Aunty Shin Hye all this time!"

Kai said Lisa's name and he heard her whimper softly. Kai was surprised, and he said softly, "Jenjen, why are you torturing yourself? You're hurting so much just from hearing his name. If you love him, why torment each other?"

Jennie who was on the other side of the phone put her hands over her mouth and tears flowed past her cheeks towards her fingers.

"Jenjen, why won't you give him a chance? This way, you're also giving yourself a chance."

Jennie stopped Kai from speaking further, "Big Brother Kai, I can't... I can't face him..."

Jennie shut her eyes and her heart was trembling. When she recalled that scene, she could not help but shudder.

The scene when Dongwook was killed was too cruel!

Jennie did not know how much pain Lisa's heart must have felt all these years to forgive the daughter of the man who killed his father...

Moreover, she had been foolish enough to believe in Hanbin's words and allowed him to distort the truth.

At that time, she misunderstood the pain in Lisa's heart. The pain that Lisa had felt for the past ten years was far greater than hers.

How could she act as if nothing had happened and continue to be in Lisa's life?

If it was possible, she should use her pain to redeem her sins!

After hanging up on the phone, the woman looked outside of the window. It was already autumn, and it had almost been four years since she had left Lisa...

*

Capital City

Jisoo knew that Lisa would be staying over for a few days and he was overjoyed.

Capital City was the Kim Family's territory. Back when Jisoo was fooling around in Luo Hai, he had received a warm welcome from the people of Luo Hai and had always wanted to return the favor.

Lisa initially planned to stay in a hotel, but Jiao Shufen would not allow him to do so.

"If you're in Capital City, it means that you've arrived at our doorstep. If rumors of you staying in a hotel spread to the public, who knows what the others would think about your aunt!"

The Kim Family had a few properties in Capital City and Jisoo had already discussed with his mother. He would clean up the two hundred square feet apartment in Shang Ting Yuan for Lisa to live in temporarily.

Jiao Shufen had not seen Lisa for a few years, and she missed him very much. The night that Lisa arrived, she invited Lisa to have dinner at her house and asked someone to prepare a guest room. She only allowed him to return to Shang Ting Yuan after she was done catching up with him.