Chapter 231

In the interrogation room, Nancy was informed that she would be detained for 48 hours. She was clearly very furious and she demanded to make a phone call back to the Manoban Family. Her complaints caused a few police officers to ask Huai for help.

This was exactly what Huai was worried about.

He intercepted her from the hospital in hopes of using the opportune moment to do a quick interrogation and avoid the Manoban Family from meddling in.

He was not afraid of the Manoban Family, but without solid evidence, he would have to release her from custody after 48 hours. What more, the aristocratic families liked to involve lawyers at the slightest provocation and it was very annoying!

"Tell her that there's no need for her to contact anyone when she's. being kept under custody!"

Huai thought that he might as well get through it despite the. consequences. He decided to do things with strong measures!

Nancy's request was denied and she surprisingly calmed down. She kept her mouth shut and treated the police officers coldly. Nancy's phone call records arrived soon after and it showed that she had phone calls with several network numbers. The lengths of the phone calls were rather long and very frequent.

It was definite that those were phone calls that hackers made using the Internet. Even the telecommunication company could not provide actual information and locations of the other parties.

Huai felt that this woman was getting even more suspicious, but the investigation got into a dead end once again. After all, they could not prove that this woman was working with hackers based on the few
network phone calls.

There would be no meaning to it even if they were to hold her custody for 48 hours. Lisa might meddle and it would make things even more difficult in the future.

As they were hesitating, Little Dong reported that Kai and the Third Young Master of the Manoban Family had arrived.

News of Lisa rushing to the police station with Kai also
alerted Jennie.

She did not expect Lisa to arrive that quickly. He even brought a lawyer and Tian Qi along...

"Captain Huai, I'm here to pick up my people!"

Lisa wore a black tailored suit and a light color shirt with
refined, diamond cufflinks.

The man was tall and he had an indifferent expression on his face. His tone was so calm that no one could tell if he had any other emotions.

He was not angry nor irritated, but he had a natural arrogant aura. He stood up straight in the office of the third major crimes department under the crowd's gaze.

Jennie could see everything clearly in her office.

This man was here to pick up Nancy! A feeling suddenly rushed into her heart -- During the wedding three years ago, if this man could protect her with half of the aura that he had today, she would not need to struggle to live him for the rest of her life.

Jennie finally realized why she could not remove the thorn in her heart. It was not only because of the things that Hanbin told her, but it was also partly due to her not trusting Lisa.

In Jennie's mind, she could not let go of the fact that he did not protect her three years ago and caused her to be imprisoned for two years!

When she saw him picking up Nancy, a dreary smile curled up at the corners of the woman's lips.

She wanted to forget about it, but it was too difficult!

Most of the people in the police station have seen the successor of the Manoban Family. The oppressing aura radiating from Lisa's body caused them to look towards their captain at the same time.