Chapter 228

Although Ah Fu was a young girl, she was not a fool. She stunned at the door and her trembling voice sounded as though she was tremendously embarrassed, "Old Mistress sent someone over to pass a message. She asked you to go to the Upper Mansion after you finish
your dinner..."

"Okay!" That man's low voice sounded extremely irritated!

When Lisa carried the woman up from the bed, it was at dusk already and the view of the room was exquisite...

After cleaning up, Lisa ate a little and rushed to the Upper
Mansion. The spring breeze blew onto his face and there were only a few stars in the night sky.

The shadows close to the green light slab stone were mottled. Under the moonlight, the mansion quieted down, but who knew how many secrets were planned behind his back.

Jennie stood at the front door of the Hibiscus Garden and
waited for Lisa to return. She suddenly thought of an idea and she should have told Lisa everything the she knew about Nancy!

...

When Lisa came back from the Upper Mansion, he had a dark look on his face. His piercing cold gaze and his dark shadow gave off an odd sense of alienation.

The two of them had just gotten off the bed and did something extremely intimate. Initially, Jennie wanted to speak to him. However, the aura radiating from Lisa's entire body cause her to swallow her words.

She could tell that Lisa was a little tired. His gaze landed on Jennie and his adam's apple bobbed in his throat. He calmed his mind and said rather affectionately, "Why are you waiting here? Why don't you go to sleep?"

Jennie's heart was puzzled. She could tell that Lisa was
forcing and restraining himself despite his affectionate tone. She did not have a heart made of glass, but she felt a piercing pain at the bottom of her heart.

The woman hesitated for a moment, then she mustered up her courage and said, "Lisa, I have something to tell you. I think there's something wrong with Nancy..."

Lisa heard her talking about Nancy. He looked into Jennie's eyes and remained silent for a long time.
Jennie suddenly felt that his gaze was getting a little too cold and she did not know if she should continue talking. While she was hesitating, Lisa spoke, "Yanni is also poisoned and she's being treated at the emergency department now!"

As Lisa spoke, he paused and looked at Jennie's beautiful
face. He then continued, "It's hard to tell whether Yanni is alive or not as she ate some poisonous food previously. However, she tried to sneak out secretly in the middle of the night. When she had a poisonous attack, she fainted at the mountain behind Zong He Sanatorium. They only managed to find her this afternoon. Fortunately, she only ate a little and vomitted some!"

"Nancy went to the hospital to take care of her mother already. The Old Mistress told me to spend the following few days in the hospital, so I might not be able to come back and have dinner with you..."

Lisa's words caused Mu Chenyan to be dumbfounded!

Even Yanni was poisoned? ?

Previously, Jennie thought that this case was related to Nancy. However, if Yanni was also poisoned, this hypothesis and her speculation will not make sense.

Who would be able to poison their own mother?

Then, she should not have told Lisa about what she heard in the garden and the information that she got from tailing Nancy.

"Okay then, you should help Nancy take care of her mother..." Jennie said in a low voice. The feeling of disappointment and sadness slowly spread through her heart.