Chapter 353

Jennie saw the surprise written all over Tzuyu's face.

They had not seen each other for three years, but Tzuyu still looked as pretty as before. She did not look thin anymore as she had gained some weight due to her pregnancy.

"Tzuyu, it's really you!" Jennie could not hide her excitement when she noticed that Tzuyu was also expecting a child. Her pregnancy seemed quite far along.

"Jennie... When did you return..." Tzuyu still seemed dazed from the shock.

"I came back recently!" Jennie grabbed and held Tzuyu's hands in her excitement. "I couldn't contact you. I heard that you went to East City..."

Lisa came over and greeted Tzuyu when he saw the two women holding each other's hands after he finished paying. He picked up Leo and turned to Jennie saying, "I'll take our son home first. Why don't you two take your time catching up?"

Jennie nodded and instructed, "Don't let Leo eat anything cold at home."

Tzuyu looked on as Lisa left with their son. Her soft voice was tinged with envy when she said, "Your boy is so big now!"

"He's three years old!" Jennie could not help the questions that popped up in her head when she looked at Tzuyu's belly. She was too afraid to ask any questions though.

"Jungkook is the father of my child." Tzuyu had probably sensed the endless stream of doubts in Jennie's mind. Her hand caressed her underbelly when she spoke.

*

The sun was setting in the west in the evening. It illuminated the ground in a glorious golden glow.

The women found a quiet coffee shop. They both ordered fruit juice because they were pregnant and sat at a table that was next to the window. It seemed like time had turned back to more than a decade ago when they were both still studying.

Jennie's personality was cheerful and optimistic at that time while Tzuyu was quiet and calm. These two talented women were kindred spirits. They had formed a profound friendship with each other when they were studying in England.

Tzuyu had gone back home all of a sudden, and then came the news of her getting married. Jennie had never expected that a significant amount of her pride would be worn down during the years that both of them spent in the Manoban household.

They realized that numerous things had changed as they sat together in silence once again.

"Did you really marry Jungkook?"

Jennie remembered that Tzuyu had this plan in the beginning before she left. However, she never thought that this woman would be determined enough to keep her word.

"Yes!" Tzuyu sounded faintly sheepish as she nodded. She murmured, "Once his sentence ended, I sent an application to the relevant department so that I could marry him. I went there many times. They kept refusing to approve it because of Jungkook's unique circumstances.

"Later, I was very grateful to Yeji and Lisa because they pleaded on behalf of Jungkook. Fortunately, Jungkook showed that he had reformed when he worked in the prison's hospital. His excellent behavior in prison also allowed him to gain some rights. I could only marry him because of that...

"We had a very simple wedding. Once a month, we could, umm, meet in the prison's hospital..." Tzuyu blushed when she said this. Jennie realized what she meant by "meet". She also understood that this was how Tzuyu became pregnant.

Jennie sighed in relief when she heard this. Tzuyu's life could not be described as pitiful alone anymore.

Tzuyu did not have any children with Taecyeon despite being married to him for so many years. He had even treated her with disdain and abused her because of that. Her current circumstances were definitely a good thing.