Chapter 287

The pale light of dawn broke through the darkness from the east. The woman woke up, realizing that she was nested in Lisa's arms as docile as Little Ginger Fur Ball.

The air conditioning was at full blast, no wonder she kept curling up by him, her body trying to close the gap to search for warmth!

The things Lisa would do to take advantage of her...

"Are you awake?"

Lisa could feel his woman stirring and asked with his gruff voice.

"You must be so tired yesterday, sleep a little longer?"

Jennie was afraid when he does that. Not only would she feel awkward, she would feel shy too.

She shook her head, not daring to use her voice.
Her voice was even coarser than his, what an embarrassment.

"I'll get up first, I wanna go look at the cats."

The moment the cats were brought up, Jennie immediately buried her face in the summer blanket.

Lisa's lips curled into his signature bad-boy smile. What had he done in front of the two cats?

Jennie took her phone and looked at the time. She fell asleep for a while longer. When Lisa had returned from working out, he had some breakfast. By the time Jennie had gotten up, he had already finished cleaning up and prepared to go out.

"It's Saturday, are you still working?"

Seeing Lisa's outfit, Jennie asked curiously.

"I have a friend coming back from the UK, I'm going to Liu Li Villa!"

Lisa did not conceal his agenda.

Jennie ruminated a little. 'A friend from the UK?'

Liu Li Villa!

She did not answer. Whatever Kai had told her, she did not confirm with Lisa.

After the weather heated up, Jennie became lethargic and lost appetite, so Ah Fu made the breakfast really light. She had had quite a bit to eat before Lisa left with satisfaction.

The conspiratorial brain of Jennie had already started getting uneasy.

Lisa did not bring her, but he did promise to ask Sister Liu for some fresh fruits and vegetables.

Jennie felt strongly that the friend from the UK might be Shin Ryujin!

The ringing of a phone had disrupted Jennie's thought pattern.

"Yeji? Are you not working today?"

Seeing the caller ID, Jennie addressed Yeji lightly, "I miss you!"

"If you miss me, come on over quickly. I have good news!"

Yeji's secretive tone caused Jennie to bounce from her couch. "Did you manage to gain access to that special ward?"

...

Jennie rushed to the military hospital. As soon as she had parked and exited the garage, she saw Yeji waiting for her at the lift.

She grabbed Jennie and dragged her to her own restroom. She threw her a set of nurse uniform. "Change, and later follow the doctor doing his rounds. When the guard at the entrance asks, don't speak. I've arranged everything with the doctor, he'll do the answering!"

Jennie received the uniform, feeling excitement and nervousness gather in her.

The political spies in the TV series or even Liu Haoran in Detective Chinatown (TN: A 2015 Chinese film) have done something like this...