Chapter 314

The cold autumn breeze filled the night. Dim moonlight shone on the hibiscus in front of Hibiscus Garden. The ground was tainted red by all the fallen petals.

Lisa stood on the balcony with a cigarette between his fingers. Sparks flew from the cigarette, and a gloomy expression flashed across his face. He took a long drag before he turned to look at the woman on the bed. The love bites could still be seen on her smooth shoulders.

Time had passed in the blink of an eye. They have been married for three years, but they had actually known each other for fourteen years before that. However, they had only spent less than a year together as an actual couple.

He would lose control of himself every time he desired her.

He could not stop himself from leaving marks on her body.

It seemed like he was marking his territory and declaring his dominance. This woman belonged to him!

Lisa knew why his mind was filled with worries.

Ryujin's men had already had a few conflicts with Hanbin's subordinates at the Southeast Region several times.

There was also a possibility that Woo-bin was still alive!

Lisa immediately thought of Jennie the moment he discovered this information.

Woo-bin knew that Jennie was Lisa's weakness.

He had used his daughter as a means to manipulate Lisa in the past.

*

Kai seemed to be in a good mood when Jennie contacted him. "Jen, you're finally learning to ask me for help!"

Jennie's heart was filled with warmth. She murmured, "Big Brother Kai, I hope this case doesn't cause you too much trouble."

Kai pondered for some time. He said, "Jen, it's impossible for me to prove that the accused is innocent!"

"Yes, I understand."

"The best result we can hope for is a lighter sentence with a decrease in his jail time by a few years. Perhaps we can avoid the death penalty as well."

Kai's tone turned serious as he continued to speak. "However, Jae-wookwon't let Jungkook off easily. After all, he murdered the only successor of the Manoban Family's second son!"

This was also the issue that worried Jennie the most.

"Big Brother Kai, I'll leave this to you. Please do what you think is best!"

"Don't worry. If this case was too difficult for me, no one else in Luo Hai would be able to handle it. I'll do everything I can to help you. It's just that, will the pressure of the Manoban Family be too much for you?"

"Lisa will help me!"

Kai chuckled when he heard that and let out a sigh. "When did Third Young Master Manoban turn into his wife's slave?"

Jennie was slightly embarrassed when he said this.

She thought of Tzuyu when she hung up. She wanted to keep her in the loop to prevent her from getting worried.

Tzuyu was still staying in Upper Mansion. Aside from Lisa and Yeji, the other members of the Manoban Family knew nothing about the relationship between Tzuyu and Jungkook. The Manoban Family's reaction was completely different from Tzuyu's when they discovered that the killer had surrendered himself.

Jennie did not want to see the Old Mistress. She texted Tzuyu and told her to come to the garden between Upper Mansion and Hibiscus Garden.

It was the beginning of autumn. The leaves in the garden had turned a splendid color.