Chapter 242

City C

It was a tiny city near the East Bridge. When Yanni was chased away by the Jeon Family of Luo Hai, she came here with her physically challenged child, Somi, with her lover.

The man was useless, as he managed to get by sticking with the Jeon Family in Luo Hai but seduced the lady of the main house.

Even though he was able to get the lady, he could not stay in Luo Hai anymore. City C was not comparable to Luo Hai in any way, so he could not express his dissatisfaction anywhere else other than at the

Mcdonie mother-and-daughter pair.

Nancy's childhood was unknowable. Jennie's urge to
getting to know her was based on the abnormalities she exuded. Before getting herself into the Manoban Family, she had had a romantic past with Xia Tao.

Based on Xia Tao's infatuation and age, Nancy was likely to have been in her middle school or high school when they got together, atleast?

Evidently, Nancy had been a complex character since young. She might have been using Xia Tao before, and now that she managed to get out of it, she was able to do well for herself in Manoban Family.

Jennie was trying to look for clues on her that gave a reason as to why she would enter Manoban Family.
Furthermore, not even ghosts would believe it if she said she had nothing to do with the tragedy at Zong He.

"Jennie, where should we start investigating? "

Knowing Jennie's intention to investigate Nancy, Chaeyoung excitedly left her luggage in the hotel and began chatting about it as the duo came out for some food.

If they were able to get important information, the Zong He case might close sooner, and Huai would not have such a low opinion on a female staff like her, so Chaeyoung seemed even more eager than Jennie.

"Chaeyoung, do you think you can pull all the files the police had on Nancy as a police yourself? I want to look for a lead so we know how to approach the matter. After all, we have limited time. "

Everything Jennie said was true. If she was out for an extended amount of time, the one at home would likely to be sour-faced again. He might even make his way to City C just to drag her back home.

That was why the matter must be solved as soon as possible!

"I should be able to. However, even though I'm in law enforcement, I'm not in City C for work, so I'll need Huai to request permission from our sister department here. "

Seeing Jennie furrowing her brow, Chaeyoung knew she had an issue with that idea.

"I don't want anyone in the Manoban Family to find out, that's why I came here to investigate behind Lisa's back. You know that, right? "

Jennie phrased it casually, but with Chaeyoung's wits, she immediately understood that Jennie and Lisa were not as close as they had portrayed.

"Alright, I suggest that we start investigating her fellow students. Someone that young would spend the majority of their time in school. To understand what she's like, her classmates will be an important clue. "

Chaeyoung said and motioned for Jennie to stop in front of a tiny restaurant. She pointed at the picture on the signboard. "Boiled fish filet, spicy rabbit head. Do you like Sichuan food? "

Jennie was not picky about food. However, Lisa's palate
was too light, so she rarely had anything that stimulating in Mqnoban Family's food.

"Let's go, I shall lay down my life for your cravings! " Jennie  smiled wickedly even though she was the one craving it.