Chapter 234

Jennie briefly groaned while trailing him. She walked to the front of her own little car and had just taken her car keys out beforenshe could only hear the man's muffled voice said, "Get in my car!"

Jennie paused before her little face turned puzzled with a tingenof adorable stubbornness. She thought to herself, 'What for?'

During her moment of hesitation, Lisa impatiently continued,. "Yan Jun will come and drive your car later so just get in mine!"

Jennie had initially thought of declining when she saw the frosty look on Lisa's face. However, when she recalled the man's various mean spirited actions earlier, she merely gave up when she thought of how an obedient woman should not fight with a man.

...

Lisa speedily drove his sports car and got on the elevated
highway in the blink of an eye.

They were not returning to the mansion. The scenery along the way was completely different from that of West Hill. After being on the road for more than ten kilometers, Jennie could not suppress her anger anymore. She quietly asked, "Where are you taking me?"

"Don't ask!" This was the first time that Lisa's words were laced with anger when he spoke to Jennie. However, his attitude was lukewarm while his eyes continued looking at the traffic in front. He held the steering wheel with his distinctly-jointed slender fingers. The faint smell of pine on his body that was mixed with the scent of mint-flavored nicotine and tobacco was somewhat intoxicating.

Light golden hues reflected off his side profile under the setting sun while his long eyelashes could not conceal the coldness in his eyes. His high nose bridge was the only part that could lighten the mood of others. That was also the part of him that Jennie previously liked the most.

However, Jennie was not in the mood to be lovestruck now. Moreover, she had a temper as well. If he did not permit her to ask, then she would not do so.

She offered him the back of her head in response.

Both of them remained silent along the journey. As the vehicle traveled on the road, this first-class sports car speedily whistled past the scenery in an arc-like motion.

The evening mist was thick and heavy. As the final red evening glow vanished from the corners of the sky, moonlight appeared. Stars scattered about the stillness while the motley shadows of trees could be seen. Several large words that spelled out "Liu Li Villa" were written
on the mansion's front door that possessed an unusually imposing. manner.

The main part of the castle was an English-style building with a towering dignified air.

Jennie had known long ago that Lisa owned this mansion
under his name. This was his playground in the extremely expensive area that was Luo Hai.

He had stayed here at Liu Li Villa when he previously brought Nancy over to sketch at Wintry Lake. Amidst the confusion, she did not know how Lisa had tricked
her into quietly following him from behind.

Lisa's arrival caused the entire mountain villa to become busy. When the man entered the villa, the maids who
were permanently stationed here surrounded him and took off his coat and hung it in the closet. Next, they brought slippers for him to change into. The man with an aristocratic upbringing acted like a local tyrant here.

The kitchen had started becoming busy as well. It seemed as though they had made sufficient preparations for their master's arrival much earlier.

A 40 year old woman who appeared to be a housekeeper took small quick steps as she strode over to greet him. She briefly took in Jennie with a humble gaze before she lowered her voice and gently said, "You must be Mistress. Sir has prepared a room on the second floor for you so please follow me."