Chapter 308

Huai temporarily gave up when he saw that Jennie was not giving in. He looked at Chaeyoung glancing at his other team members. He said in a low voice, “We’ve definitely overlooked some details!”

Huai pondered for some time. He said suddenly, “Bring those two reporters over. I want to interrogate them in person. I’ll have to go through the materials that they provided again. Little Jiang, go to the Manoban household and call Mrs. Manoban over!”

He was really going to question Tzuyu. Jennie's heart was troubled when she heard this, but she knew that it was wrong for her to be swayed by her own emotions.

She turned to Huai and whispered, “Tzuyu is a pitiful person. If she really wanted to harm Taecyeon, she would’ve done something many years ago. She suffered in silence instead for a such a long time…”

“Miss Kim, you have to put your sisterly bond aside when you’re trying to solve a case. She would be questioned even if she didn’t do anything wrong. You shouldn’t be too bothered about this.”

When Huai spoke, he noticed that Jennie did not bat an eyelid. He continued, “Miss Kim, you’ll be questioned as well. I’ve heard that the members of the Manoban Family have been at odds with each other…”

“Captain Huai, go ahead and interrogate me. This isn’t my first time!”

Jennie's expression remained unchanged. As she spoke, Jennie rose and left the meeting early.

Chaeyoung rushed over to her. “Jen, don’t take Captain Huai's words to heart. This is just a part of the investigation.”

Jennie smiled when she noticed Chaeyoung looked anxious. “I’m not afraid. I just feel bad for Tzuyu. But I know that this is merely one of the procedures to solve the case. Don’t worry about me!”

*

It did not take long for the Old Mistress to discover that Tzuyu was taken to the police department. She was infuriated when she heard that Tzuyu was their primary suspect. She called Lisa over and made him investigate the situation, and they should bring Tzuyu home immediately if she had done nothing wrong.

Lisa behaved rationally. He consoled her by saying, “Grandmother, I understand that you like Tzuyu, but the police have to do this when a murder is involved. They will have to interrogate me as well. You wouldn’t have to worry too much about this.”

The Old Mistress sighed. “We’ve had an unlucky year. There have been two murder cases that involved the Manoban Family. Nancy's death is still a mystery while my Taecyeon…”

The whole family could not mention Taecyeon's death now. The Old Mistress would cry until she was out of breath whenever she thought of him.

Lisa continued to comfort her until his grandmother had finally calmed down.

*

Lisa left Upper Mansion and drove to Jisoo's mountain villa.

The young soldier had transferred several strong troops from Capital City over here because he felt lonely living in this huge manor by himself. They would ride horses, shoot, and spar with him every day around the manor. He busied himself with these things every day.

“Taecyeon's death has made everything boring.”

Jisoo threw a pistol at Lisa. He loaded his own gun and fired 5 times at a target that was 50 meters away.

He was a muscular and attractive man. The bones in his arms were strong and healthy while his muscles were also well-developed. He had no issue with controlling the gun’s recoil. Lisa looked at his results. He had gotten 10 points three times and 9 points twice.