Chapter 297

Jennie parked her car beside the road and placed her cell phone down. Her heart felt like it was being stabbed repeatedly.

The conversation between Hanbin and Feng Rao had upset her. It would have hurt less if they had said these things to her face.

It seemed as though her eyes were blinded by a dense fog. Everyone had their own excuses but she had been kept in the dark. Who was she supposed to believe?

Ye Kun had nearly killed her during an insane outburst.

Lisa kept his thoughts to himself. He never allowed her to ask unnecessary questions.

Hanbin mysteriously appeared and vanished while repeatedly stirring up trouble for her...

"Mistress?" Yan Jun stopped his car beside hers. He got down and knocked on her car's window. "Mistress, why did you park your car here? Did it break down?"

Jennie calmed herself down when she saw Yan Jun. She pressed a button to wind down the window. A pained expression still lingered on her face but she had to restrain herself in front of Yan Jun.

"No... Nothing... I'm just unwell!"

Jennie turned her head toward the side as she spoke before her complexion slowly returned to normal.

"Do you want me to drive you?"

Initially, Yan Jun had secretly followed Jennie out of the Night Owl Bar. They drove to an area that was close to the mansion before he noticed that she parked her car beside the road for a long time.

Yan Jun approached her because he was slightly worried.

"It's fine, I can drive myself."

Jennie forced a smile before she drove away at a snail's pace.

Frankly, she did not know how to face Lisa when she returned to the Hibiscus Garden.

*

Hibiscus Garden

Lisa had yet to return when Jennie came home. Ah Fu said that she had not prepared anything for dinner tonight.

"The Old Mistress said that everyone will go to Upper Mansion for dinner in awhile. Mistress, would you like me to make you something at home if you're not feeling well?"

Ah Fu asked in a concerned manner when she noticed that Jennie looked slightly tired.

Jennie pondered briefly before realizing it would be inappropriate. The Old Mistress rarely asked everyone to go over and have a meal with her at Upper Mansion after the Spring Festival. The Manoban Family would probably have something to say if she refused to attend this time.

"I'll go after my shower. Inform the Young Master when he returns and ask him to go over first."

Jennie flung her backpack off her shoulders and focused on going upstairs.

*

In the afternoon, Lisa and Jisoo spent some time in the estate. Lisa had built a miniature golf course here because the estate was very close to the mansion. Both of them had just played several rounds.

The two men were fully dressed in white but the clean, bright, and unblemished color could not hide the brilliance that radiated off their bodies. It was rare for someone to look so eye-catching in white.

Yan Jun had called to inform him about today's findings. Lisa's heart was filled with unease when Yan Jun mentioned that Jennie looked rather absent-minded and depressed after meeting Feng Rao. His gaze turned profound while the emotions that surged through the depths of his eyes made him lose the desire to continue playing.