Chapter 304

Tzuyu was mentally and physically drained. There were no other patients with her in the room. The pristine white bed sheets went very well with the woman’s frail little face.

Tzuyu held Jungkook's hand weakly and murmured, “Kook, don’t worry about me! I’m fine… In the future… Don’t come here and get involved because of me again. I’m suffering because of my own actions…”

Uncontrollable tears streamed down Tzuyu's face as she spoke.

Three hours had passed since her surgery. Aside from Jennie and Yeji, no one else from the Manoban Family had rushed here.

Tzuyu did not allow Jennie to tell her parents that Taecyeon had neither loved her nor treated her kindly. The one who truly loved her was Jungkook!

What was more, he was definitely the most innocent of all. She would not let him get involved in this no matter what.

Jungkook was disappointed at Tzuyu's inability to change, but he could never harm a hair on her head.

Then, the man stood suddenly. He whispered, “Are you only saying that because you think that I’m alone and helpless in Luo Hai?”

Pain stirred at the bottom of Tzuyu's heart. She forced a smile and said to Jungkook, “You don’t understand. Taecyeon is a cruel and unreasonable man. I don’t want you to lower yourself to that madman’s level!

“The Chou Family is already in this state. I’m afraid that a lone person like you will suffer if you continue to have conflicts with him because of me. I can’t involve you…”

Jungkook smiled faintly after hearing that. He bent down and took a white towel to wipe off gently the tiny sweat droplets on the woman’s forehead. He sat down and held Tzuyu's cold small hands. His tone had clearly changed.

“Little Tzu, what’s the point of living if I can’t protect you? Don’t worry, violence isn’t the only way to defeat our enemies. Sometimes we just need to outsmart them!”

Jungkook's dark eyes were brimming with confidence. A faint chill rose in the depths of Tzuyu's heart. She had no idea what Jungkook wanted to do. She merely hoped that this problem would end here.

“You can’t…”

“Little Tzu, don’t worry!” Jungkook's deep voice echoed.

*

Jennie had returned after buying some food. She was about to enter when she saw Jungkook was in Tzuyu's room. They seemed to be having an intimate conversation. Jennie could not bring herself to go in and disturb them.

Were they a pair of star-crossed lovers?

Nothing caused greater pain than forbidden love!

One could only understand Jungkook's devotion to Tzuyu if they were in his shoes.

While he was studying abroad, his close friends were basically young elite males from the local aristocratic families. Jungkook was the exception.

He was recommended by his local university to study overseas as an exchange student. It was rumored that he came from a very average family.

The Jeon Family had no means of supporting him when he furthered his studies. The good thing was that Jungkook  was intelligent and hardworking. His future in medicine was looking pretty good.

He initially had the opportunity to remain in England, but he returned to Luo Hai because of Tzuyu. The aristocrats continued to look down upon him even though he was now a resident physician. Jungkook could only watch as the woman he loved was repeatedly hurt by others…