Chapter 306

The incident happened in the afternoon. They had never imagined that something like this would happen at home.

Everyone rushed to the crime scene in no time.

"Is the Old Mistress being looked after?"

The first thing that Lisa did when he arrived at the scene was to ask about the Old Mistress. That was because she was already so old, and he was the eldest grandchild of all. She was extremely fond of Lisa, but Taecyeon still had a special place in her heart as her oldest grandchild.

"She's settled down already. The Old Mistress had some problems dealing with the shock. She was crying earlier but she just wants to stay in bed now. The Eldest Young Mistress also cried herself to exhaustion several times..."

Yan Jun gave a brief report on the whole situation.

Lisa nodded. His handsome face was faintly clouded over. He said flatly, "Go and call Doctor Bai's medical team over. Make the necessary arrangements for them to stay in the Manoban household these few days so that they don't have to leave. Also, the food and water that enters the Manoban household must undergo strict testing. Only then can it be consumed after being thoroughly cooked through. Get several capable individuals to supervise this matter.

"Pick out a few of the original servants and ensure that only one servant remains in each mansion. The rest will be interrogated and their reemployment will only be discussed after that."

Yan Jun took note of Lisa's instructions and set about his tasks immediately.

Jennie heard everything clearly from the sidelines. Lisa was worried that another poisoning case would happen in the future.

Soon, Jiu'er and Butler Fu were the only servants left in Upper Mansion. Ah Fu remained in Hibiscus Garden while Peace Mansion and Tranquility Mansion were respectively serviced by two servants that Butler Fu had raised since they were young. They would only consider taking back the other servants once the case was closed.

Jennie had initially planned to return to the station with Wu Huai and Chaeyoung. She had just started walking to the doorway with her equipment when Lisa came forward and grabbed hold of her. He whispered, "Are you still going back there today?"

Jennie glanced at the police officers around her. Some of them were busy collecting evidence and placing them in the bags. The others were either taking photos or sealing off areas. The forensic investigator had already set up a team to bring the corpse back for the autopsy.

Some of Jennie's colleagues became aware of the two of them when they saw Lisa pulling her aside.

Those who knew about their relationship thought, 'Third Young Master Manoban is naturally handsome while Miss Kim is enchantingly beautiful. They're truly a match made in heaven. Moreover, the Manoban Family is extremely influential. Now that one of his competitors has kicked the bucket, the Third Young Master has become even more unstoppable in Luo Hai!'

However, there were others like Eunwoo who were unaware of these details. When he saw the imposing man forcefully grabbing his goddess, he could not help but curse inwardly, 'Sh*t! Rich b*stards like him are truly shameless. How could he flirt with a beautiful woman now when such terrible things have happened to his family? He was even daring enough to try his luck with a beauty from the criminal police department. Would he simply seduce any gorgeous lady that he saw on the streets?'

There was a trace of annoyance on Jennie's face. She sneakily used more force than she needed and attempted to push the man's large hands off her. She had not expected that he would tighten his grip.

"I have to go back there because I'm still on the clock," Jennie replied quietly.

Lisa's striking face darkened slightly. "I'm worried about you leaving! This case involves the Manoban Family but I don't know which of our enemies are trying to harm us!"