Chapter 367

Wei Hongmian carried herself in an elegant manner. She was a dignified and beautiful woman. As this was her home, she had the upper hand here. Evidently, she stood out from the crowd.

Previously, she was a well-known but cold beauty in the socialite circle. The other socialites noticed that she had humbled herself as she came over to speak with Jisoo. The man was perpetually courteous toward her. When the crowd saw that he never rejected her advances, they instantly felt hopeless.

Those two families would surely be joined soon!

Jisoo's smile was bewitching. His excellent upbringing allowed him to remain polite and poised before Wei Hongmian.

However, Wei Hongmian could sense that Jisoo was keeping a distance between them.

The Wei Family's wealth was impressive, but that was not the only thing that everyone envied. Wei Hongmian was also a charming individual in the Capital City's social circles.

She was used to men who were madly infatuated with her as the young men of the aristocratic families were always pursuing her. When she saw Jisoo, she felt that she was wasting her talents on a person who could not appreciate them.

"Jisoo, a banquet will be held tonight a little while after the event ends. Why don't you stay and attend the banquet with me later? Coincidentally, my father said that he wanted to talk to you because he hasn't seen you in a long time."

As Jisoo's attitude was remarkably indifferent and modest, Wei Hongmian had no choice but to take the initiative to get what she wanted.

She could not figure out what had happened. She had only seen him for several minutes, but her heart was suddenly filled with restlessness despite having been undisturbed for a long time. She abandoned her self-restraint and shyness. She used her father's reputation because she wanted Jisoo to be closer to her.

An alluring smile appeared on Jisoo's face. He shot a glance at Lady Jiao and Yang Fan who were nearby. When he remembered that those two women were always on the lookout for power, he realized that he had fallen into their trap today.

It would be fine if they were just going to have dinner.

Was the Wei Family going to chew him out if things did not work out as planned?

"Alright, thank you for giving me this special treatment. It's true that I haven't seen Uncle Wei in a long time. I was thinking of speaking to him too."

Wei Hongmian openly sighed in relief. Her smile was still apparent when she spoke to Jisoo about her daily life.

Jisoo had studied in a military school and grew up in a military camp. Due to his circumstances, he was not used to striking up conversations with beautiful women.

However, an intelligent person like Wei Hongmian was unlike the average woman. A sociable woman like her could always find topics to overcome awkward situations. They spoke about the military because she was very knowledgeable about the subject. Although she had never enlisted in the army, she was well-versed in historical military affairs.

She had a melodious voice that was both gentle and resounding. Burning passion seeped through her gentle gaze when she spoke to Jisoo. The man had a whole new level of respect for her.

There were numerous beautiful women and no lack of intelligent ones. However, it was truly rare to find one who was both gorgeous and wise.

Most women discussed military affairs the same way they viewed soccer matches. In most situations, they ignored the skills and battle tactics as they were only concerned with looking at the handsome men...