Chapter 324

The grumpy look remained on Lisa's face while Yeji was still here. He seemed frighteningly stern.

The man's arrogant expression fell at once when Yeji left. He jumped on the bed and crawled next to Jennie. He was brimming with anticipation and uneasiness when his trembling hands stroked her belly that was still flat and taut.

He had not painstakingly planted his seeds in vain!

"Little Nini, I'd be really happy if it was a girl!"

Jennie blushed when those words escaped Lisa's lips. She had always assumed that he wanted a son.

"Why do you want it to be a girl?"

Frankly, Jennie did not have any preference for either sex. If she was really pregnant, she would already love the baby simply because it was her own child.

"Because I can't stand the cold during winter!" Lisa's voice was a little hoarse, but it could not hide his excitement.

Jennie could not think of a reply.

What did the sex of their baby have anything to do with him dreading the cold?

"Didn't you know that daughters stick close to their parents like little quilted jackets? If you give birth to a baby girl, my daughter will continue to wrap her arms around my neck when I'm 60 years old. She'll even ask me if I want to buy a pair of warm shoes! Were you hoping for a son? That little brat will try to steal you from me. I can't bear to let you sleep next to another male. He's also going to suckle this part of you!"

Lisa sounded rather jealous when he spoke about having a son. He even poked Jennie's chest with his finger...

Damn, she had never met someone who would be jealous of their own son!

This was too unreasonable.

Jennie furrowed her eyebrows and pushed his large hands away. She glared at him and muttered, "You're so immature!"

Lisa was not annoyed. Rather, he was quite pleased. He seemed to be carried away by the joy of being a father for the first time.

"Nothing has been confirmed yet. Let's sleep earlier tonight. According to Big Yeji, we can only be sure after the checkup at the hospital tomorrow morning."

Jennie pulled the blanket over her and laid down. She was not tired at all actually since she had spent the entire afternoon sleeping. Moreover, this unexpected discovery and all her other worries would definitely make it difficult for her to fall asleep!

Lisa was in a similar predicament. After tossing and turning in bed, he decided to just get up and go to the balcony. He took out a cigarette, but he put it back immediately when he remembered that his home should be completely free of the smell of smoke from now on.

A short while later, the couple went downstairs to drink some water and then went up to shower. Lisa made Jennie a bowl of noodles when she finally got hungry. Both of them went outside to walk around in the garden when Jennie felt too full after the meal...

Oh my, it was already one o'clock in the morning when they finally crawled under the covers and prepared to sleep...

*

The next day, Lisa woke up bright and early while Jennie lazed around in bed for awhile. She was nearly stunned by the scene before her when she went downstairs after washing up.

Lisa was standing in the kitchen. He was dressed in a thin pale V-neck sweater and a pair of long dark pants. He had matched these two pieces of clothing together without much thought. He looked elegant despite wearing the most casual of clothing. Most importantly, this man was currently cooking at home.