Chapter 256

Jennie passed her identification card to the police officer before he passed her the suicide note in exchange.

The suicide note was actually written on the back of a very long printed receipt. Yanni's handwriting was clear and beautiful while the concise contents of her note read:

"Miss Kim, please return to the major crimes department and explain to them on my behalf that I'm the sole culprit behind the poisoning case at Zong He. It has nothing to do with anyone else!

"I originally wanted to harm only one person. However, when I ate my medicine that day and fell ill, I apparently put the poison into the whole pot of food and caused many innocent people to be dragged into this. I deserve to die as punishment for my sins!

"Also, please don't forget the things that I've entrusted to you..."

...

Jennie's entire body was shivering as she finished reading the note.

Yanni had protected her daughter with her own life...

Although Yanni did not mention the person whom she wanted to harm, Jennie felt that it was already unimportant. Yanni did not bear any strong grudges towards anyone in Zong He. Hence, her actions were definitely instigated by someone else.

The conclusion would already be extremely obvious even without her having to commit suicide. Who else would she be willing to defend by sacrificing her own life?

Jennie's heart felt stifled. She turned around and said to Lisa, "Is it alright if I return to the major crimes department for awhile?"

At this point, the Zong He was considered to be a dud.
Moreover, Yanni's suicide note could also be considered as a conclusion. Jennie wanted to go and inform Huai
immediately.

Lisa had not seen the contents of the suicide note but there was a look in his dark pupils which implied that he clearly understood it as well.

"Go then. I'll stay here and deal with this." As he spoke, Lisa turned around and looked at the pale-faced Nancy. "Nancy, perhaps you should return to the mansion. Once the issues here are resolved, I'll take your mother's remains back for the funeral arrangements."

Nancy was still reluctant. She glared angrily at Jennie and gnashed her teeth together. Nancy understood quite a bit in her heart when she heard Jennie mention the major crimes department earlier. Yanni was definitely bearing the brunt of everything on her shoulders when she chose to commit suicide. It seemed like Yanni had not mentioned the thing that she feared the most.

Nancy let out a drawn-out sigh of relief.

Nancy had previously concealed some of her hatred towards Jennie but she had no plans of doing that now.

This was particularly apparent when she saw how Lisa treated Jennie. Jennie's name was simply a nightmare in her mind.

"Jennie, you said that this incident has no connection to you but I don't believe that at all! Not only did you harm my mother but you have caused me even greater harm..."

Nancy miserably glanced Lisa as she spoke.

Lisa's expression darkened but his thoughts were so well-hidden that other people were unable to obtain any information from just looking at his face.

Jennie laughed bitterly at what Nancy had said. Her gaze was cold as she indifferently remarked, "You should know the person who caused your mother's death better than me!"

Nancy froze. A hint of panic flashed across her eyes before her heart rate that had only just calmed down now leaped up again instantly.

"Jennie, what do you know?"