Chapter 283

"Jenjen, are you free tonight? Do you want to have dinner together?"

Kai's magnificent tone suddenly made Jennie feel close to him. Without any hesitation, Jennie quietly said, "Yes, it'll be my treat this time!"

Jennie smiled at the person on the other line as she spoke.

Kai nodded before he teased her, saying, "You can treat me if you insist. In fact, you should be serious about treating me since you're already an important reporter who's famous everywhere!"

...

Jennie took Kai to the stall that Chaeyoung had previously brought her. She ordered beer and barbecued skewers.

Oil droplets continuously glistened on the surface of the lamb skewers, barbecued lamb kidneys, pork belly, roasted chicken wings, and drumsticks while their aroma dispersed in all directions.

Meanwhile, everyone's taste buds were filled with the original flavors of the enoki mushrooms, potato slices, and golden fried bun slices.

Kai came from an aristocratic family. Although he was a lawyer, he had actually never eaten such street food.

He curiously took in his surroundings. Although they were simple, the environment was still considerably clean. Simultaneously, he rolled up the sleeves of his white shirt before he took a big gulp of his beer like the man beside him.

The dry but crisp flavor excited him. He grabbed another handful of skewers. They tasted delicious and were even better than the luxurious delicacies that he had eaten.

The man praised her, saying, "Little Jenjen, I should've asked you to treat me to such a nice place long ago!"

Upon hearing this, Jennie gently sighed before she smiled and replied.

"I assumed that you'd complain about this shabby place since you're used to dining in five-star hotels."

Jennie scanned her surroundings and saw a big burly man who had raised his leg up on his chair while he stupidly smiled at the female television anchor on his phone, a fat older man with a stubbly chin, young graduates who had just gotten off from work, and groups of students...

People from all walks of life gathered at this humble street stall. Although someone with Kai's status and dressing looked out of place among them, he happily enjoyed his food nonetheless.

"I don't know where you got that idea. I think that experiences like these are much better than those in five-star hotels! I really feel that I missed out on the earlier parts of my life. There are so many beautiful
experiences in life but I and the people like me have let these things slip past us. That's truly a shame!"

Kai spoke sincerely from his heart.

Due to his background, he had studied in a private aristocratic school in both junior and high school. When he went to study in England for his university, he only encountered scholars and gentlemen. People like them would never have joined him to chug beers and stuff
themselves with skewers.

When he came home after his graduation, he quickly made a name for himself in the legal industry. Moreover, since he was from the Kim Family, when would his clients who wanted him to handle their lawsuits ever invite him to a roadside stall even if they were going to buy him a meal?

He would truly have never experienced things like this if it was not for Jennie. The handsome and famous lawyer ate without caring about anything else. He rapidly devoured the meat skewers and swallowed them while faint beads of sweat appeared on his forehead.

Jennie could not help but laughed when she saw this. "Eat
slowly, no one's going to take that from you."

She passed a piece of tissue paper to Kai as she spoke.