Chapter 300

Jennie furrowed her eyebrows because something had gotten on her nerves. She sneered, “From ancient times, fights between jealous women were caused by these women’s own actions. Talk to Lisa if you’re in love with him and ask him why he didn’t marry you. Why are you stubbornly arguing with me?

“I wouldn’t have gotten you into this mess if we were in each other’s shoes now. If I desired Lisa, I would’ve thought of every way to improve myself to gain his favor. Otherwise, someone else would’ve stolen my man even if it wasn’t you!”

Jennie did not mince her words.

“I only said that you ruined a good hand of cards because I felt that your misfortune was caused by greed in the end!”

Somi was filled with rage. She shot daggers at Jennie. “Are you calling me greedy?”

“Yes!” Jennie gritted her teeth and stood by her words. “You planned the kidnapping and rape incident in England on your own, didn’t you?”

Somi widened her eyes in disbelief. She retreated slightly before her trembling body curled up into a ball.

Jennie saw that her face had turned ashen while she sounded rather hesitant now. She was unsure of whether to continue speaking.

“You… What are you saying? I don’t… I don’t understand…”

Somi attempted to redeem herself. She spared no effort to control the scene.

“What do you know? Aren’t you extremely pleased with yourself now? You think that you’re pure in Lisa's eyes while I’m tainted. You’re trying to slander me in every possible way!”

Jennie had never planned to expose her in the beginning but the malicious aura in her heart kept recklessly gnawing at her conscience.

Somi would have buried this secret in the depths of her heart forever if she had not been provoked.

“That kidnapping case was a constant burden in Lisa's mind! He thought that he had made you suffer by implicating you. Most importantly, when he witnessed you getting raped, this formed an invisible wound in his heart that served as a reminder that he was eternally indebted to you. However, he was unaware that you had orchestrated everything. You were merely suffering the consequences of your own actions!”

Jennie paid attention to Somi's gloomy expression when she spoke.

Somi had never imagined that Jennie would say this. She attempted to calm her anxious heart. She furrowed her eyebrows and scowled while her beautiful little face became rather fierce. “Jennie, do you have any proof?”

“These are my inferences!”

“Inferences?” Somi was at a loss. She sneered, “In other words, are they merely baseless accusations?”

Jennie turned and walked towards the pavilion in the middle of the lake. “Take a seat, I’ll explain everything to you properly.”

Somi trailed Jennie. The two women resembled close-knit sisters from afar.

Somi sat opposite Jennie with her back facing the lake. Her little face looked even paler when the bright moonlight and gleaming water reflected off it.

“Your original plan was to kidnap me!” Jennie confidently said. This threw Somi off but she forced herself to look focused instead. She sneered, “Keep going, I’m listening!”

“Unfortunately, there was a problem with the timing. I’d returned home suddenly because something happened at home. Worse still, you had sent several greenhorns to do the job!