Chapter 251

Yanni realized how despicable her actions were. She lowered her head and dared not meet Jennie's gaze.

"Miss Kim, you must be looking down on me, aren't you?"

Although due to the medication, Yanni was sluggish and her eyes were not that animated like ordinary people, she could still read one's facial expression.

Jennie was eyeing her with anger.

She had really failed as a mother!

"Treating Somi this way, aren't you afraid that she would tell the Manoban Family after she returns to Luo Hai?"

Jennie suppressed the rage within and asked in a low voice.

"We were afraid! It was because of that we can't allow Somi to return to Luo Hai..."

Yanni's voice trembled as she continued saying, "That damned bastard said that if Somi heads back to Luo Hai, things would be brought to light. He's the mastermind,. while Nancy and I were his accomplices. None of us can escape!"

"Was that why you all thought of letting Nancy take Somi's place to come back to Luo Hai?" Jennie could guess the outcome of this whole thing.

"Nancy had spent some time with Somi, so she was rather familiar with her tracks in Luo Hai. Because Somi was mentally unwell, she had been staying at Zong He for the first few months after she was back in the country, but after that, she had actually sneaked out!"

Hearing that, Jennie was taken aback. No wonder Lisa was reluctant to reveal Somi's whereabouts.

"When Ruoxin went back to Luo Hai and had stayed at Zong He for some time, she had given me a call saying that she had fallen in love. with a man. Very soon, she told me that she was pregnant with that man's child."

As Yanni recounted, remorse was seen on her face. "If I had known that the ending would be as such, I would never have let Nancy come to Luo Hai no matter what..."

"A man? Did Nancy ever tell you anything about that man while she was still alive?"

About that man, probably even Lisa did not know who he was.. Otherwise, after so many years, with the Manoban Family's capability, it was impossible to have not captured the murderer. This man should be a good starting point!

"At that time, Somi was confined by us. Not long after Nancy had. arrived at Luo Hai, she then began to secretly send me money. She told me that that man was very powerful, and that very soon after she had given birth to the child, she would bring Somi and me to Luo Hai so
that they won't have to tolerate that evil bastard stepfather anymore."

While speaking, Yanni smiled bitterly. "Not long after that... Nancy... was met with that tragedy..."

What unfolded next, Jennie already knew all about it.

For more than 700 days and nights, the questions Jennie had pondered on were mostly answered now. Lisa had once made it clear to her that the child was not his.

The man Nancy was having a relationship with must have given Nancy a promise, which was why she was that confident. It was just that too many tides were turned after that, and the fate of many was changed.

One particular example was Jennie!

Jennie stood up and looked out of the window. It was a sunny April. The wind was gentle, and flowers blossomed by the bridge. It should have been a warm season, yet she felt the chill of winter!

"After that, how did Somi come back to Luo Hai?"

About this matter, Jennie did not believe in the pretext Somi had told when she first arrived at the Manoban Family.