Chapter 245

Jennie suddenly found it hard to breathe.

As she waited for Kai's reply, she actually had an answer in her heart already.

"Cinnabar mole?" Kai thought carefully before answering, "There isn't one."

"Why do you ask?" Chaeyoung saw Jennie's face paled as she hung up, her palms were sweaty.

"Jennie, what happened? What did you find out?"

Chaeyoung reached out to check Jennie's forehead. Because of the gastroenteritis, she had vomited terribly yesterday night and did not sleep well. Coupled with the fluctuating of emotions, Mu Chenyan was feeling giddy at the moment.

"Chaeng, I don't know if I've guessed it correctly..."

Jennie spoke with much difficulty as she looked at Chaeyoung. Although they had not known each other for long, she trusted Chaeyoung.

"I think that the one who died wasn't Somi but Nancy."

"The one who's living with the Manoban Family currently is Jeon Somi!"

Chaeyoung stared with eyes wide open and could not make any sense of it.

"What are you talking about?" "The one who died wasn't Somi?" "How do you know?"

It was a big case that had rocked Luo Hai back then, and the person involved had died for many years; but Jennie, who had been wrongly imprisoned for two years, claimed that the deceased was not Somi!

"What exactly is going on?"

Chaeyoung sat down and checked Jennie's forehead with her hand once again, making sure that she was not raving due to the fever.

"Chaeng, about this matter, I don't have any solid proof."

"Liang Zihan had said it earlier. She dared not believe the woman in the photo was Nancy. I'm only making a bold guess."

"I don't know yet how did Nancy swap with Somi. But I do know that when Somi went traveling in England and Lisa brought us all for a swim, and in the dressing room, I spotted a cinnabar mole on the outer part of Somi's left chest."

"However, there wasn't one on the deceased!"
Chaeyoung also had a certain understanding of that case. She got up and stared out of the window. After pondering for a while, she then said, "What you've said is also possible. The murderer back then was extremely brutal, taking the fetus and even destroying the inner organs of the corpse..."

Chaeyoung paused for a while. Even a tough girl like her had difficulty imagining that gory scene. No one knew how much hatred the murderer had to be this atrocious!

"Hence, at the time of the autopsy, no one realized that she had had a heart transplant. However, the exterior of the body's chest was not damaged. If there was a cinnabar mole on the left chest, it was impossible to miss it!"

Jennie understood Chaeyoung's description of the scenario. After all, she was one of the parties involved at that time.

Those dark days were openly exposed once again. Jennie was under tremendous psychological pressure as now she also had to prove that the deceased was not Somi. What a mockery it was!

"Chaeyoung, let's leave and not stay in City C any longer. Let's hurry back to Luo Hai. If we want to verify this matter, there's someone who would definitely know the inside story!"

Before Jennie had finished, Chaeyoung interjected, "Yanni?"

...

The construction of the oilfield in Nan Hai District had begun. Lisa had been busy for these few days, but there was an empty feeling in his heart.