Chapter 371

An argument had broken out in Kim Jingshan's home, but he did not pick a side. In his heart, he was fine with whatever it was as long as his son was happy.

Kim Jingshan decided to remain neutral and did not try to express his opinions on the matters. Unfortunately, this angered Jiao Shuzhen.

Jiao Shuzhen was a woman who was used to being pampered by her husband and son. She had never been inconvenienced like this. She felt that her husband and son were disrespecting her. She was so furious that she cried and sobbed.

Kim Jingshan had no alternative but to console his wife and reprimand his son for making excessive demands when they tried to compromise with him. "Silence! Look at how you've upset your mother."

Jisoo was annoyed, but he did not kick up a big fuss with his parents. Instead, he dead-panned, "You married the woman you loved, and I simply want to do the same. What's wrong with that?"

Kim Jingshan was speechless.

Jisoo turned to his mother and continued, "I remembered that grandmother was against your marriage in the beginning because father was initially pursuing Lisa's mother!"

Jiao Shuzhen and Kim Jingshan were so stunned they could not think of a reply.

"After that, eldest aunt introduced you to father. However, grandmother was worried this romantic affair would result in a fight between you and your sister.

"Nonetheless, you decided to marry father without your parents' approval because you loved him. Grandmother was forced to give in when you got pregnant with me. Only then did she agree to let you marry my father. For many years, you couldn't understand grandmother's actions at that time, and you resented her for them.

"Now that you're a mother, you're trying to stop me instead. I wouldn't be here if you hadn't persevered in the past. I'm your biological son, so it's natural that I learned to be as persevering as my mother..."

A sly smile appeared on Jisoo's face as he said this. Kim Jingshan realized that his son was being perfectly reasonable. It was impossible for him to defend his wife now.

Jiao Shuzhen was both annoyed and amused at the same time. This young man had actually exposed her previous misdeeds.

This little brat was using her past to silence her!

The woman would never give in so easily. She would not be happy unless she stated her side of the story.

"At least your father and I were an appropriate match for each other. The Jiao Family could be considered as influential then. We had an abundance of financial resources and our social standing was quite high as well. Meanwhile, your father had a good background and impressive military achievements. Our marriage was a union between two powerhouses.

"Our marriage lasted for many years because we spoke the same language. This allowed us to have strong feelings for each other as husband and wife. Do you and that girl from the mountains even speak the same language? You're going to spend a lot of time with each other when you're a married couple..."

Jiao Shuzhen was an expert at manipulating people's emotions, but she could also use logic to reason with them.

She was being honest with him. After all, the Kim Family had raised Jisoo with the best resources out there.

Their son was not a scholar, but he had numerous other achievements that he could be proud of. In the future, he would not always be serving in the special forces unit. Once he transferred out of the armed services, he would be properly recognized as a public official.