Chapter 305

Frightened, Jennie broke out in a cold sweat. Her voice trembled when she asked, “Who… Who was murdered?”

Huai looked at Jennie and lowered his voice significantly, “Eldest Young Master Taecyeon, the son of the Manoban Family’s second son!”

Chaeyoung saw Jennie's expression change rapidly. She seemed indifferent toward the victim. Jennie sighed in relief, but she was still confused.

“Was it an accident?” she asked.

“We don’t know. We’ll only find out once we’re there!”

Huai left with his team members after he spoke. Jennie and Eunwoo brought their equipment before they followed him.

*

Manoban Family Mansion…

Jennie noticed that the periphery of the mansion was already sealed. Huai spoke to the guards at the entrance before he drove inside.

“There are several reporters inside already! Why did you bring more?” The police officers who kept guard questioned Huai while they glanced at Jennie and Eunwoo.

“What? There are reporters inside?”

Huai was puzzled. “Wasn’t the information about this supposed to be blocked off? These reporters were specially sent by the news office. How did the other reporters gain access?”

“Oh, those reporters came to interview Taecyeon. They were filming a program here before the murder suddenly happened. You’ll understand once you’re inside. It’s strange…”

Jennie grew more and more confused after hearing this. Her heart was racing.

All of the servants were gathered for an interrogation. Xue Meiwei was sent to the east wing to rest. She had fainted from too much crying.

Jae-wook was away on a business trip. He knew that this incident had occurred in his home, but he could not rush back in time.

Lisa had not returned home either. On the other hand, Yan Jun was handling some business nearby, but he was instructed to go to the mansion first.

“Mistress, don’t go inside!” Yan Jun had surveyed the scene. He was worried that it would scare Jennie.

Lisa had sent him here to hold Jennie off.

From the entrance to the hall, Jennie saw that the servants were huddled together. Their faces were pale as they were terribly frightened.

“Where’s Tzuyu?” Jennie worried about her the most.

There were two servants who usually worked for Taecyeon over here in Peace Mansion. One of them had returned to her hometown several days ago. Little Cui was the only one left. When she heard Jennie's question, Little Cui replied softly, “Mistress isn’t at home today. She left early in the morning because she had work to handle in the office!”

“Does she know about this?” asked Huai.

“I’ve called her. She’ll be back immediately!”

Little Cui was too afraid to look at the scene in the hall. Her head was lowered and her voice quivered terribly. “Are they going to arrest us too? But we don’t know anything…”

Huai glared at Little Cui and said, “We want you here because we need to understand what had happened here. We’ll take you and the others to the station to record your statements soon. We’re not going to just arrest people and declare that they’re guilty!”

“Yan Jun, I want to go inside too!” Jennie wanted to walk inside. When she noticed that Yan Jun was intentionally obstructing her, she quietly said, “Lisa can’t stop me either!”