Chapter 238

"I'll cooperate, of course." Lisa's gloomy expression later
brightened.

Outside the window, his dainty wife came out of the mansion's ecological garden. Her face was filled with joy as she carried a beautifully carved pumpkin in her arms.

"Mistress, slow down and don't rush. You can just get the maid to hold these things..."

Sister Liu was truly skilled in cultivating numerous types of local specialties. She was a real foodie who could produce such beautiful things even if they were just meant to be eaten.

Lisa could not help but smile.

...

Jennie's phone only regained its usual functions when she returned to Luo Hai after being away for a long time. The moment she turned it on, she saw several notifications that listen her unanswered phone calls before Chaeyoung's numerous messages asking detailed
questions came rushing in.

It was fortunate that Chaeyoung was unaware of Jennie's role in Hanbin's case. Additionally, she did not reveal the
developments of the case to Jennie because of Huai's warnings.

Jennie replied Chaeyoung's messages to report that she
was safe.

Another person who was more impatient was Eunwoo. The distracted young man repeatedly messaged Jennie to ask about her whereabouts every day...

Jennie replied all of them.

Jennie and Ah Fu took the various local produce down from the car when she returned to Hibiscus Garden. Lisa did not stop her but allowed her to do as she pleased instead.

This woman behaved better when she had exhausted herself. Lisa felt that it was better for Jennie to know less
about the commotion regarding the situation in Luo Hai...

Jisoo came to the Manoban Family Mansion in the afternoon.

Since he could not catch hold of Lisa these few days, he
could not help but anticipate his return. The two men went to have a drink at the bar together.

"You're finally willing to change your tactics in treating Little Nini!"

Jisoo heard that Lisa had taken Jennie sightseeing for more than a week while chaos was brewing. He felt that Lisa's manner of handling problems had become gentler
because he was no longer so rigid. He could not help but sighed, "In the past, you would've ignored everything else to capture Hanbin, right?"

In front of Jisoo, Lisa could relax his heart. He took a
cigarette from the table and lit it up with his Zippo lighter. It ignited faint sparks and caused dark smoke to rise. Lisa's narrowed eyes resembled arcs when he lamented, "Although it's important to capture Hanbin, I don't want Jennie to find out and hate me.

"Thus, it's not necessary for me to personally take action on this matter."

Jisoo raised his glass of red wine. Meanwhile, preparations for the erotic dance performance in the evening were already starting on the stage in the corner of the bar.

"Do you really trust those police officers so much?"

Jisoo felt that it would be more reliable to do everything
personally. All along, his style was to keep to himself and act as he pleased.

"Hanbin already has the Zong He case against him. The police station has also put him on their record. He'll appear sooner or later if he wants to get his revenge against me. Since he won't be able to escape when that time comes, I'm currently not frantically looking for him."

"Speaking of which, your brother-in-law was rather cunning. You didn't even know that he stole that little treasury right before your eyes, right?"