Chapter 255

Lisa felt that it was probably wrong to continue hiding the truth from Jennie at this point. He lowered his voice and replied, "Yanni committed suicide last night. She's already breathed her last breath. I'm going over to see but you can just wait at home for me to return."

Jennie felt as though a lighting bolt had struck the top of her head.

She had just met that woman and spoken to her yesterday. How could she have left this earth just like that?

People who have had near death experiences in the past would still find it very difficult to accept the sudden passing of someone whom they knew well.

Jennie tugged on Lisa's sleeve and quietly said, "Lisa, let me come with you!"

Lisa could tell that Jennie was feeling unusually sad.

Jennie kept thinking back to how Yanni's final reaction was slightly abnormal when she had left the hospital yesterday. However, she had not noticed it then.

If only...

"Alright."

The light in Lisa's eyes dimmed. He did not say anything to stop her but wore his jacket instead before walking out to the front. Jennie's state of mind was chaotic but she hastened her steps and followed behind him.

...

Hospital

It was certainly a serious issue because an intensive care patient in the. VIP ward had died from swallowing two thermometers in the washroom.

Normally, a nurse would be present in every ward each night since this was the VIP ward. Yanni's nurse was a thirty-year-old woman who was completely terrified as a result of what had happened. She sat in the supervisory control room in a daze while the police interrogated her.

"The incident happened at 5 in the morning. Miss Yanni said that she wanted to get up and relieve herself.

She's usually a very light sleeper and today was no exception. Thus, she didn't go back to sleep after she had woke up at 5 o'clock to relieve herself.

She began to change her clothes after she came back from the washroom.

I asked her why she had removed her hospital gown... She didn't answer me but went to the sink to wash up instead. Miss Yanni had even put on some light makeup. I found this strange so I got up and frantically called the doctor over!

Miss Yanni stopped me and said that she had a headache and was probably having a fever as well. She asked me to get a thermometer from the nurses' station. Once I brought it over to her, Miss Yanni took her body temperature on her own and suddenly said that her stomach was unwell. Then, she took the thermometer into the washroom..."

The woman's entire body trembled as she spoke. The scene she described was truly terrifying.

When the nurse saw that Miss Yanni had not left the washroom after half an hour, she became frightened and yelled for the hospital's security guards and other nurses to help her break open the lock...

Yanni spat out fresh blood when she was discovered. She was also in an abnormal amount of pain. The hospital hurriedly set about emergency treatment for her before they realized that she had swallowed two whole thermometers. One could tell then how determined she was to die.

The young nurse at the nurses' station added, "Miss Yanni asked for a thermometer once when Miss Kim left during the day. We were very busy at that time so I told her to return it after she was done.

However, that thermometer..."

Thus, after the change of shifts, no one at the nurses' station knew that Yanni had hidden a thermometer from one of the private rooms in her hands...