Chapter 299

Jae-wook saw Taecyeon shooting daggers at him. He lowered his voice, saying, "This woman will still be useful in the future!"

Jae-wook knew that Taecyeon had been secretly contacting the father and son of the Kim Family all along. He was usually disappointed with his son in many ways, but he chose to stand with him at this moment.

"Mother, if that's the case, you should just allow Somi to take Nancy's identity and announce this to the public. If we find her a suitable partner in the future, we'll regard her as if she were Yuna or Yeji. Would that be alright?"

The Old Mistress nodded after Jae-wook had finished speaking. "You're right. We certainly must marry her off well to avoid troubling my Somi!"

When the subject of marriage was mentioned, Somi's gaze fell on Lisa...

The Old Mistress' fierce glare when she yelled at Jennie and called her a vixen flashed through Jennie's mind. On the contrary, she referred to Somi as "my Somi"....

However, this did not matter because Jennie was unconcerned!

Yeji stuck her tongue out when she heard this. "Wow! You're so kind, Second Uncle. I'd always thought that Yuna and I were different!"

Jae-wook, "..."

"Ouch! Mom, why did you pinch me again?" Tears glistened in Yeji's eyes while her heart was filled with anger.

Lu Shan quietly scolded, "We should get that maternity test done tomorrow! How did I give birth to a daughter like you? Do you think that I could return you if you were really someone else's child?"

Lu Shan was forced to resort to dark humor. Yeji made a face before she happily turned to the Old Mistress and asked, "Grandmother, can we start eating?"

The Old Mistress stared at her before she flatly said, "Go ahead, eat! We'll leave this to Little Pran."

Lisa firmly held Jennie's hand underneath the table. He tightened his grip as though he was making sure of something.

Jennie was shocked. She glanced sideways and saw that Lisa's nose was pointed straight while his gaze was indifferent and relaxed. This man who radiated an elegant and refined aura throughout his entire body was not the slightest bit embarrassed at his actions below the table.

Her hands were always covered in a layer of cold sweat during the summer while Lisa's hands were as warm and dry as before. An additional layer of sweat formed on Jennie's palm when he gripped her hand tighter.

She neither hid, nor reject the force that his hand exerted.

She gently responded in kind instead.

Suddenly, Jennie felt as though danger was lurking behind every corner at this moment. Lisa had led a difficult life among the members of the Manoban Family whose minds were unreadable.

After Hye Kyo's passing and Dongwook's mysterious death, Lisa lived here alone. His grandmother was the only person whom he could rely on.

Lisa never freely revealed his emotions to outsiders. Perhaps this was due to the experiences of his youth. This was different from Jennie's situation.

Jennie had lived in Xi Fan since she was little. The vast open space there allowed Jennie to live in an unrestrained manner without any worries before she was 10 years old.

This also allowed her to openly reveal her thoughts when she fell for Lisa when she was much younger.

Lisa, however, was the exact opposite of her. He never revealed his true feelings. Despite the gloomy feelings in his heart, he continued to appear at ease on the surface.