Chapter 342

"What are the two of you discussing about, so happily?"

No one knew when Jimin had stood behind the two women. He had changed into light gray leisurewear. Handsome, elegant and graceful as the lustre of jade, every part of him was a display of excellent upbringing and manners.

If his mother did not invite him, he would not take a half-a-step closer.

"Come over. It's something good." Wu Meiyun was delighted, and her face could not hide her emotions.

She tugged at her son and said smilingly, "I've discussed with RJ about introducing her to my circle of sisters during a small gathering in a few days."

Jimin's expression suddenly shifted. He looked at his mother coldly and suppressed his anger as he spoke, "Why didn't you talk to me first? RJ doesn't like these kinds of parties. Back when we got married, I told you that RJ can choose not to participate in any of the Park Family's ceremonial events..."

The Jimin that Jennie knew had always been gentle and cultured. Even to strangers, he would maintain his manners and be reserved. She could not determine why he was this angry at the moment.

When Wu Meiyun saw that her son, who rarely spoke to her in such a tone, had flipped and became hostile towards her just because of her decision to have her daughter-in-law attend a party, she was upset.

She moved her lips, and there were traces of complaints in her eyes, but in the end, she said nothing.

Jennie saw Wu Meiyun's forlorn expression and understood the downheartedness suppressed in the dejected mother's heart. She hurriedly interrupted Jimin's words. "Jimin, I willingly agreed to attend!"

Jimin was taken aback. Turning around to look at Jennie, his mouth opened slightly as he attempted to digest the news.

Jennie nodded, her twinkling eyes made people feel like pouring their love and affection towards her. "Mom just won my consent. I think that since we've been married for three years, it wouldn't be a bad thing to meet a few of the aunts around. After all, I'm flesh and blood, not the sweet that that's afraid of melting (TN: when you refer to someone as the sweet that you're afraid will melt in your mouth, it means you cherish that person dearly and that nothing more could be added)!"

Jennie laughed casually as she spoke, while Wu Meiyun looked gratefully at her daughter-in-law.

When Jimin heard that, he felt somewhat lost and uneasy. "If you stay in the Capital City for too long, what about Professor Shen..."

"It shouldn't be a problem. I'll ask him for a few days off!"

Jennie was not enthusiastic about this gathering, but knowing that this incident would create a gap between her mother-in-law and Jimin, she could not avoid her responsibilities.

Jimin could not seem to find any other reason to stop her, so he said plainly, "Since you've both agreed, then go ahead! If you need any help, I'll have Liu Ming come over!"

Jennie suspected that Jimin was ten thousand times more reluctant in his heart. Previously, she was the one who did not want to make any public appearances, and Jimin's had always been very supportive of her. Jennie had regarded that as him respecting her wishes. However, right now, Jimin's mannerisms and expression seemed to indicate that he was disinclined to introduce Jennie to his circle of friends.

"There's no need for that. You just go and settle your affairs. The guards here can take care of it."

Wu Meiyun's heart was secretly elated. The moment she returned to her bedroom and before she even had time to talk to Old Man Park, she first announced the news in her girlfriends' group chat.