Chapter 298

The Old Mistress did not want to worry about so many things in her old age. She had learned to shut her eyes to certain things.

This affected the entire family's interests. The woman who had lived for more than half of a century clearly possessed the demeanor of a respected older relative.

"It's difficult for me to see all of you. Now that everyone is present today, I have something to tell you."

Everyone put their bowls and chopsticks down while they waited for the Old Mistress' instructions.

"The first matter concerns Ruoxin!" The Old Mistress glanced at the obedient girl beside her with tears glistening in her eyes as she spoke. "Nancy, is actually my Somi..."

The dining table descended into chaos!

Aside from Lisa and Jennie , Yeji had also discovered this conclusion long ago. Everyone else inhaled a breath of cold air.

Jennie and Yeji looked at each other. They did not know who revealed this information to the Old Mistress, much less her aim when she mentioned this matter.

Tzuyu's face was ashen while her entire body trembled. She glanced at Somi before she looked at the Old Mistress. In a quivering voice, she asked, "Grandmother, what do you mean?"

Jae-wook was surprised as well. "Mother, are you unwell? Why are you suddenly saying this?"

Yuna was a coward. She unconsciously thought of the murder case when Somi was mentioned. She quietly exclaimed in shock but she was too afraid to interrupt.

"It's a long story!" The Old Mistress pulled Somi's hand when she spoke. Tear drops rolled down the corners of her eyes but she quickly wiped them away. "I'm not spouting nonsense and I'm not confused! I'll tell you the details of this story another time.

"When Somi returned, I felt as though I was resurrected from the dead as well. When I see Jeon Yan, I can say that I've fulfilled my promise to her!"

Jeon Yan was Shu Qinger's grandmother. She had previously entrusted Qinger in the care of her good friend.

Everyone knew that the Old Mistress treasured old friendships. Somi's incident had always been a sore point for her. However, she had yet to fully accept these changes because the situation was rather complicated.

Taecyeon and his father looked at each other. They were too afraid to say anything unnecessary during this family banquet. If the Old Mistress knew about such a serious incident, Lisa had probably discovered it long ago.

Tzuyu's voice trembled as she asked, "Who did they kill?"

Her frightened gaze shifted towards Somi.

The Old Mistress' emotions were slightly agitated. Her voice quivered as well, saying, "It was the real Nancy!

"That child pretended to be Somi. No one saw any inkling of it when she was hospitalized in Luo Hai. Everyone assumed that her memories were scattered and that she behaved abnormally because she was mentally ill."

The young women at the table muttered quietly. Jennie could tell that everyone aside from herself knew that Somi had previously stayed in Zong He Sanatorium for a period of time.

No one suspected anything about the changes in Nancy when she returned to Luo Hai because of this.

They only shared life experiences when they were younger because Somi had studied abroad since she was a child. She spent very little time interacting with her family at home.

Somi experienced great emotional changes when she fell sick. They affected her personality and temperament. Her memories were also fractured, making it impossible for her to remember the things that happened when she was younger. Who would have imagined that she had been secretly swapped with another person?