Chapter 347

LJimin's hands trembled uncontrollably when Jennie finished speaking.

When Jimin raised his head, Jennie noticed an indescribable pain in his bloodshot eyes.

He messed up his matted hair as his mental state became more irritated and enraged.

He was usually a gentle and well-mannered man. However, Jennie believed that this side of Jimin represented his true self.

She saw Jimin for the first time at the entrance of a bar in City A three years ago. He looked similarly dejected as he stumbled around while carrying a bottle of alcohol. His voice was hoarse while his gaze seemed misted over. If other people did not look carefully at the expensive clothes that covered him from head to toe, they would assume that he was merely a downtrodden drunkard.

At that time, Jennie was exhausted from walking. She felt as though her body might collapse at any time because she was pregnant. She stood at the entrance of the bar. Although the environment there was unsuitable for her, she had no choice but to sit on one of the two public chairs that were several meters away from Jimin so that she could rest.

When he saw her, Jimin suddenly staggered over and sat on the opposite side of her. He stared at Jennie with his beautiful glistening eyes. He gently murmured, "Miss, do you know what the most painful thing in the world is?"

Jennie turned away and ignored the drunkard when she saw him. She would leave once her legs were well rested.

Jimin noticed the calm expression on her face. He leisurely continued, "I have money... I have status... My parents love me very much. Take a guess. Why am I in such pain?"

Jennie faintly smiled when she heard this. She gently said, "You have a broken heart."

Jimin instantly sobered up when he heard those words. He lifted his head from the table and attentively gazed at Jennie. Suddenly, he broke out into a tearful laugh. He repeated the phrase, saying, "Yes, a broken heart... I'm broken-hearted..."

For some reason, Jennie was not disgusted by the man before her. On the contrary, she felt very sympathetic toward him.

"Where do you live? Should I call you a cab and get you home?"

Jimin leaned on the table and wept like a child. Jennie was filled with compassion when she saw him like that. She could not personally send him home, but she could call him a cab at least.

Jimin kept crying. He took his cell phone out of his pocket and showed Jennie a picture. His swollen red eyes did not hinder his attractiveness. The handsome and dashing man sounded rather angry and dejected now. He mumbled, "This person was my lover, but our love was destined to be rejected by the world..."

Jennie glanced at the image and silently nodded. It was a picture of a sturdy young man with a nice smile and smooth white skin.

"They called me a monster... It was impossible for me to remain in my original circle... They would look down on me..."

Jimin sobbed as he spoke. He took his phone back and muttered, "Wei Guo, I thought we promised to carry this burden together..."

Jennie realized that the man before her had probably suffered a break-up. She was reluctant to engage in a conversation with a drunk person. She got up and prepared to leave. Suddenly, Jimin rose as well and gently tugged at Jennie's lapel.

Jennie took several steps backward in fear. She sternly rebuked him, saying, "What the hell are you doing?"

She instinctively rubbed her lower abdomen that had recently started protruding