Chapter 241

When he heard Lisa mentioned that Chaeyoung would leave on official business as well today, Jisoo's heart became rather unhappy at the thought of this woman leaving Luo Hai.

Fortunately, Jisoo was unlike Lisa. The biggest difference
between one person who had tasted physical pleasures and another who had not was that the former would crave the taste of flesh again since he had already tried it. He would probably be unable to bear it if he went a few days without it. Conversely, Jisoo was already used to this because he lived a life that resembled a monk's...

The "monk" consoled him, saying, "You can relax. Your Little Jennie will be safe with Chaeyoung. If you really can't accept that, I'll secretly go and help you keep an eye on her?"

When Lisa heard this, the corners of his lips stretched into a sly smile before he said, "Thank you for your trouble!"

Jisoo was speechless.

Hmph, this man had really treated him like a bodyguard!

However, when he thought about it again, he felt that this was not a bad idea. After all, he had nothing important to do in Luo Hai.

Yuna personally visited him almost every day. Unlike the women outside, Jisoo obviously could not treat the members of the Manoban Family as he pleased. Thus, Yuna certainly resembled a dangerous beauty before him in the sense that he could neither touch her nor cast her aside.

He could go and see the woman he liked on the pretense of sneaking around to protect Little Jennie. Jisoo's adaptable personality instantly made him feel as though Lisa had thrown him a pleasant task.

...

Jennie and Chaeyoung left for East Bridge City.

Their journey did not take long because that place was close to Luo Hai. Moreover, since the two women had endless topics to discuss along the way, they quickly reached East Bridge and did not feel weary after their journey.

They found the hotel that was arranged by their workplace's cooperative partner. Their companions that arrived with them also included police officers from Luo Hai's other departments.

Additionally, the police station in East Bridge had also sent their representatives.

In the hotel where they were staying, everyone briefly studied the schedule of their operations during these few days. They would visit the station on the second day.

The two women had an early dinner in the evening. "Since we're already here, we can't take the public expense vacation that Huai. mentioned for granted!" said Chaeyoung as she led Jennie out the door.

Chaeyoung had asked about the exciting night scenic spots in East Bridge much earlier. They took a stroll and circled it before she dragged Jennie to the night market in East Bridge.

It was April and the spring flowers were in bloom. During this warm and windy season, the lively night market was filled with the noise of chattering people.

When she thought of how their next two days would be filled with work, she became worried that there would not be enough time to buy some gifts if she did not do it now.

The two women chose some items that each of them planned to bring back.

Chaeyoung had even gotten something for Huai. She said, "I'm buying a small gift to bribe our leader!"

In the end, she bought several toys for children as well.

Jennie curiously asked, "Why did you buy those toys?"

Chaeyoung bashfully smiled and said, "I'm still a child at heart!"

The people of East Bridge worshiped Mazu. Thus, there were Mazu temples everywhere. There was one near the end of the night market.. The joss sticks there were still burning although it was already evening.