Chapter 248

None of the two gave in, and they confronted each other as such.

In terms of martial arts, Chaeyoung was never Jisoo's
opponent. However, in the confrontation between a man and a woman, there had to be a party that would be the weaker side.

Jisoo suddenly caught a glimpse of the faint blood trace tainted on the white bed sheet and recalled that he had just thrown himself on her and that she had injured her back earlier on.

"You should change your clothes."

Jisoo's gaze suddenly became gentle, and there were traces of desolation in his hoarse voice.

"Chaeng, I won't force you. I'll give you some time. Hopefully, you don't force me as well..."

Chaeyoung had never seen Jisoo in this manner.

He had always been a tough guy, one who could not be hurt at all, but now it was as if he had died in the war of love.

Chaeyoung hurriedly got up and fled to the washroom. A quarter of an hour later, when she had changed her clothes and came out, Jisoo was spotted sitting at the balcony with a cigarette between his fingers.

The sparks had died down. In between the light and the dark, coolness. and desolation were seen on the man's handsome face.

Seeing that Chaeyoung had changed, Jisoo nodded at her, got up, and walked over to her side. He suddenly held her head with a. hand and planted a kiss on her forehead. "Rest well. I'll bring you two back to Luo Hai tomorrow."

The sneak attack on her head caused her to feel a burning sensation on her forehead.

Chaeyoung dared not lift her head to look into the man's intense gaze.

...

After Jennie came back from the room next door, Chaeyoung was seen burying her head into the blanket, and her shoulders were shuddering...

...

The police in City C did not expect that the Major General of the Kim (Shao) Family from Capital City would encounter danger in City C. From the bureau chief down to the policemen, everyone felt troubled and uneasy.

Bureau Chief Liu, who was returning Jisoo's call the next day, broke out into a sweat. "Major General..."

"Just call me Jisoo. Those military ranks are not suitable for use here."

Jisoo casually remarked. He was not the kind who put on airs. In the army back then, he was also a unique presence.

Trifling with life and mucking about; he would cause the new recruits to grumble a lot, but he could also mingle with them in private.

"Sure, sure, sure, Mr Jisoo, I'm here on behalf of the Public Security Department to offer my apologies..."

Bureau Chief Liu hated those thugs. City C had never had a major case in over a century, but just when Jisoo appeared, such an incident had actually happened!

"There's no need to apologize." Jisoo spun the lighter in his hand and said in a deep voice, "Interrogate those rogues, and find out who's the culprit. I want results!"

Bureau Chief Liu replied in agreement, "That's for sure. Those who dare to provoke the superiors don't cherish their lives anymore!"

Hanging up the call, Jisoo felt that he had gone slightly overboard by hiding Jennie's whereabouts from Lisa. He then dialed Lisa's number. "Your woman met with danger in City C."

...

Jennie did not expect that just as she was about to leave City C, Lisa would descend from the heavens that afternoon itself.