Chapter 230

Huai looked outside the door and led Kai into his office.

"The prodigy of the legal industry, attorney Kai. I'm sorry for calling you over when you have hundreds of important matters to attend to!"

It was a rare occasion for such an uptight man like Huai to make fun of his little brother. He even had a meaningful smile on his face.

"Brother, if you want to discourage me, you can tell me straight to the point!" Kai knew that Huai had always looked down on those in the legal industry who liked to play with words. He was a man who will not give in to oppression and will revolt against injustice!

"I'll stop beating around the bush. You should know about the poisoning case. The detective today, Park Chaeyoung went to the hospital for an investigation. Some family members of the victims heard that the adopted daughter of the Manoban Family, Nancy was
conspiring against something with her mother!"

Huai briefly told Kai about the whole story and a hint of
reluctance appeared in his eyes at the end, "You should figure out that Park Chaeyoung is definitely not the one who found out about this information. It most likely has something to do with your bosom friend, Third Missus Manoban!"

As Huai spoke, he paused and enjoyed watching his cousin brother getting embarrassed.

Kai remained an elegant posture and there was a hint of a smile at the corners of his lips. Then, he said very frankly, "It's very interesting how you defined Jennie's status!"

"Isn't it true?" Huai said in an unusual tone with a sly and casual smile, "All these years, I've never seen you pay so much attention to any woman. Now, you're using grandpa to pressure me again and again for Jennie Kim. You even went to the city to settle a dispute and brought the news office here. You have gone through so much trouble for her! Don't tell me that you did all these just to fulfill your
responsibility to take care of your friend's wife!!"

Kai smiled lightly after hearing what he said. This handsome man was born with an elegant temperament and he had a natural charming halo around him. No one could tell that he had the slightest uneasiness.

Kai's slender long pale fingers had a very defined bone
structure. He swept his fingers across the top of the table, picked up a cup of tea and started drinking. After a moment, he said, "Brother has a quick mind and a pair of good eyes. Even if I'm interested in this woman, I will not do anything out of the line. It seems like there's nothing brother should worry about."

Huai grunted and said in a low voice without raising his gaze, "This case has involved the Manoban Family once again and your bosom friendnknows about some insider's information. Who else can I talk to other than you?"

"You called me over to prepare beforehand so that I can help you in case Lisa try to obstruct the investigation?"

"You're still fairly smart!" Huai said in a low and deep voice. As though the head of a bandit gang, he threw Jennie's cases on the table.

"This girl's old case from three years ago is not settled yet and she went to the prison for two years despite being innocent. The actual culprit that killed the Manoban Family's adopted daughter, Somi has not been caught yet. Now, we're planning to interrogate the Manoban
Family's adopted daughter. Moreover, that woman's mother is also onenof the victims. Do you think Lisa would just let it be?"

Even though Huai was a crude person, as the captain of the major crimes department, he was definitely not all muscles and no brains.

He was in charge of so many cases and he understood how big of an influence the aristocratic families have on Luo Hai. Since he was not close to Lisa, having Kai by his side would make the investigation a little smoother.