chapter 9

It's been two weeks since the last time I talked to Ryujin. During the first week, he would constantly message me and call me apologizing and if I could tell him what he did wrong. After the first week, he stopped messaging me.

Dana and I made up. He's been showing his efforts lately. He's nicer to me and he's helping with Eva. I wear the ring that his family gave me. I guess I've come to terms with marrying him at some point.

I notice my day is not the same without talking to Ryujin though. I wonder how he's doing. Looking back, I think I overreacted with what he said. He probably genuinely wanted to help me. He doesn't seem like the guy to flaunt his money.

I keep going back and forth whether to text him or not. Maybe he's the one who's mad now so he stopped trying to talk to me. Maybe he's dating someone now so he's busy with his girlfriend.

kitty_purrfect: Hey. I want to say sorry for how I acted that night. I was offended when you offered your money to help me. I saw it as you looking down on me instead of trying to help me. I miss talking to you

I wait for a few minutes to see if he will reply or even open the message. When he doesn't reply, I put away my phone and just focus more on Eva to distract myself.

After a few hours, I check my phone and still no message from him. He doesn't even open the message. Maybe he blocked me. I message him again but this time on Skype.

A few more hours have gone by and still nothing from either platform. I must have really made him mad.

I was about to cry when I hear that Dana is home from work so I pull myself together.

"Hey babe. How was your day?" He comes in and gives me a kiss.

"It was fine. The usual" I say with no emotion.

I go to the kitchen to prepare dinner. He follows me which I thought was odd. I open the fridge when he suddenly hugs me from behind and gives me kisses on my shoulder.

"I missed you today" he says in between kisses.

I don't respond. Even after showing he's changed, my feelings for him didn't return. I honestly feel disgusted by his touch and kiss. I'm not sure if it's guilt or not but my mind would always go back to Ryujin.

"You seem out of it" Dana says finally letting go of me.

"I'm just tired" I say with a fake smile.

"Can you take care of Eva tonight? I don't feel well so I want to rest early. Is it okay if I sleep in the guest room as well? I don't want you to catch what I have if I am coming down with something" I ask hoping he would agree.

He looks at me to see if I'm lying but I must have looked terrible to him too since he agreed to it.

After dinner, I do the dishes then go to the guest room. I look at my phone hoping for a text from Ryujin but still nothing. I start feeling a bit panicky because I have no other way to contact him. I don't know if he's okay or not. I'm not sure if I want him out of my life.

------

Another week has passed and there was still no Ryujin. I've given up at this point. I still miss him though.

Eva and I were watching a movie. More like I'm watching a movie while she's playing when I hear my phone go off.

hard_carryy0: Ello. I'm sorry for getting back to you so late and I'm sorry for upsetting you before. I never intended to offend you. I really just wanted to help. Are you doing okay?

kitty_purrfect: I'm fine. Where were you?

hard_carryy0: Just some things came up. Are you still staying with Dana? Has he hurt you again?

I can't believe this guy still worries about me. I can't believe how stupid I was for getting mad at him.

kitty_purrfect: I'm still living in his house and no he hasn't hurt me. We're okay now. I'm actually wearing his family ring

hard_carryy0: So you're gonna marry him?

kitty_purrfect: Why not? We already have a kid together. We're practically married now living under the same roof

hard_carryy0: Don't you want to marry someone you love? Someone you're happy with? Are you happy with Dana?

kitty_purrfect: I've given up in finding happiness in love. My happiness now is Eva. If she's happy I'm happy.

hard_carryy0: That's sad. You shouldn't give up. I'm sure there's someone out there for you.

kitty_purrfect: So are you really not going to tell me where you were?

hard_carryy0: I was in the hospital recovering from a surgery...

kitty_purrfect: what? What happened??

hard_carryy0: I may or may not have broken my arm lol

kitty_purrfect: Why are you using lol right now? That's not a joke

hard_carryy0: It's funny lol besides its not the first time I've broken a bone. This is actually the second time I've broken this arm lol

kitty_purrfect: how did you break your arm this time?

hard_carryy0: My friends and I were doing backflips off a deck and I failed which resulted me landing on my arm in a very not normal way

kitty_purrfect: you should be more careful! This is the first time I'm reminded that you're still 19

hard_carryy0: Hey! I'm turning 20 in a few days!

kitty_purrfect: you are!? How come you didn't tell me!?

hard_carryy0: You never asked.

Eva starts crying so I put my phone down. I look at her and see that she fell down. I go to pick her up and I give her kisses causing her to giggle.

"Don't break any bones like our Ryujin okay?" I say to her.

I look at Eva and I smile. What if Ryujin is her dad? Would I be happy with a family having Ryujin as my partner?

I quickly erase the thought from my head when guilt showed itself. I'm with Dana and I pretty much agreed to marry him. Ryujin and I are just friends. I can't like him but it's impossible the more I get to know him. I mentally scream at myself.