chapter 49

We finally arrive arrive at my sister's house. I feel so exhausted after that flight. Eva was good for the most part though. My sister shows me the room I'm staying in and she was going to give Eva her own room but I didn't want to be a burden so I said the one room is enough.

I start unpacking Eva's clothes and she finds the bag that has her toys so she decides to play with them.

My phone starts ringing and I see it's Ryujin so I answer.

"Ello love" she says making me smile.

"Calling me love now huh?"

"It just felt right" she chuckles, "How was your flight?"

"It was good. My arm fell asleep a few times when Eva slept on me" I say.

I put her on speaker so I can continue putting stuff away.

"How was your day?" I ask.

"Same shit different day? One of those sayings like trying to fit 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag describes my day fairly well."

"I'm sorry to hear that. I'd give you kisses if I was there" I say.

"Hearing your voice is enough to relax me" she laughs.

Eva looks at me when she hears Ryujin's voice. She walks to the bed where I placed it and grabs it.

"Eva, be careful of my phone" I say.

She keeps looking at it then back at me. "See Ryujin?" she gives me a quizzical look.

"Do you want to see Ryujin?" I ask and she nods.

I take the phone back and ask Ryujin if she can turn on her camera because Eva wants to see her. After turning on the camera, Eva smiles seeing Ryujin. I peek at the screen and I smile too seeing how happy she looked seeing Eva.

"I'll guess I'll talk to you later" I joke with her.

"Yes. Miss Eva needs me so you will have to wait" she also jokes. This girl will be the death of me with how amazing she is.

I finish unpacking Eva's stuff so I start with mine. I try to pay attention to Eva to make sure that she's not randomly pressing things in my phone. She's walking around telling Ryujin stories and it's cute because she's only two so her sentences or phrases aren't always coherent.

It's heartwarming to see Ryujin pretend she understands though. She would repeat the words she does hear and pretend to ask for confirmation from Eva. Sometimes she would share her own simple stories and Eva would actually listen.

After sharing stories, Eva wanted to show Ryujin her toys. And Ryujin, being the sweetheart that she is, agreed.

For the past 45 minutes, Eva has been showing Ryujin her toys and trying to describe it to her or which ones she loves the most. I don't know if Ryujin is actually interested in the toys or not but she seems like she is or her acting is really good. Whenever I look at the screen to see Ryujin's reactions, she looks like she's actually paying attention to everything Eva is trying to say.

When I thought I couldn't love this girl anymore, she does things like that to prove me wrong. I take a break from my unpacking to take a drink of water.

Eva is trying to show another toy to Ryujin.

"Ah yes. Technically I can't see because you're not showing it to the camera but that seems like an awesome toy" Ryujin genuinely say to Eva with a hint of sarcasm and I accidentally spit out my water because what she said made me laugh.

"Are you okay?" I hear Ryujin say.

"okay mommy?" Eva says at the same time, concerned.

"I'm okay" I clean up my mess.

"Hey Eva, can I talk to your mommy for a little bit before I go?" I hear Ryujin ask.

Eva runs to me and hands me my phone then goes back to her toys.

"Where are you going?" I ask while looking at her.

"Family dinner at my grandpa's which I'm not looking forward to" she says.

"Why?"

"After a long day of working, I'm not really in the mood to hear him talk crap. It's always the same thing. Why is my sister a teacher? Why is she married to a woman? When am I gonna marry a farmboy? Or he will bring up how my grandma didn't work so it's his money and she doesn't get a say on how it's spent even though it was his choice that she wouldn't get a job. Just stuff like that" she exhales and I can sense her stress.

"What's wrong with being a teacher? And a farm boy? He doesn't know you're into females? And that's just wrong with your grandma. She took care of the kids and the house" I say.

"I agree. My mom is also a housewife and I have so much respect for her. And no he doesn't. I'm not planning on introducing anyone to him unless I'm engaged to the person. Before you start thinking of bad things, my goal is to introduce you so yes I wanna be with you long term" I laugh at her statement because the fact that she knows me so well.

"As for the farm boy thing, he thinks it's a joke because he would say the same about city boys. He just likes talking about me being with guys I guess" she continues.

"Did you and Eva eat dinner yet?" She ask.

"No. We will after talking to you. I really miss you. You spoiled me with your presence but now you're far away again" I playfully pout.

"I miss you too. I gotta give you a taste so that way you're gonna keep wanting more" she winks at me.

"You better not be this flirty to other girls" I glare at her.

"No one can compare to my Yeji" she smiles at me.

I laugh at her, "You're making me miss you more."

"We will see each other again soon then you'll be tired of me."

"Never. You're too adorable for that" I say.

"Love, I do have to go. I'll text you when I can. I love you so much!" She yells the I love you part.

"Why are you yelling?" I chuckle.

"I wanted everyone to hear that I love you" She shrugs her shoulders.

"Go feed yourself and Eva, okay? I'll talk to you later."

"Okay. I love you. Bye" I hang up.

My exhaustion I was feeling earlier disappeared after talking to Ryujin. I pick up Eva and head to the kitchen to have dinner. I think I'm gonna sleep like a baby tonight, thinking about what happened today from the flight then the fun chat Eva and Ryujin had. I love how much they're bonding already.