chapter 27

After accidentally saying I love you to Ryujin, I keep ignoring her texts and messages. I'm so embarrassed. How could I say I love her? It's been a few days since it happened but my embarrassment hasn't died down.

Do I really love her? Am I crazy for loving someone I haven't met in person yet?

I was zoned out when I feel someone kiss me. I slap them right away.

"What the hell Yeji?!" Dana holds his cheek where I slapped him.

"What are you doing kissing me!?" I say sort of yelling.

"I can't kiss my girlfriend now? We haven't done it in a couple of months now. I miss you" he says.

"I'm not in the mood Dana" I roll my eyes.

"You're never in the mood. You're so short with me all the time. You hate when I touch you. All you do is eat, you're getting fat" he says.

"Just because I reject you, you're attacking me? Whats wrong with you!? Sometimes I feel like you just use me for sex!" I say yelling now.

"There you go again, yelling. What's new?" He says before leaving me.

Ugh! He makes me want to pull out my hair. Then I remember what he said, it's been a couple of months since we did it. I check the date today and I didn't get my period this month or last month.

Oh no. Another pregnancy scare. I can't be pregnant. I go to the bathroom and take a pregnancy test right away. I usually keep a few around because I take pregnancy tests regularly to make sure I don't get another pregnancy scare.

I've been so focused on Ryujin that I didn't even realize I missed my period. I pee on the stick right away and wait a few minutes hoping it's gonna be negative.

I look at the result and my heart sinks. I shake the stick hoping it would make the second line go away. I start panicking and my tears start coming out. I can't be pregnant. No.

I cry on the floor throwing the stick on the wall. Dana comes in to see what the noises was about.

He sees the pregnancy stick and picks it up. He looks at me, still holding the stick, "How could you let this happen!?" He throws the pregnancy stick in front of me.

"You think I wanted this!?" I scream crying.

"I can't believe this. Is it even mine?" Dana ask.

I look at him, "What the fuck are you on? I only sleep with you, jackass."

"I'm sorry. I'm just panicking. We're not ready for another kid. Eva is still so young" he sighs.

"We really need to get married now, Yeji. We're gonna have two kids now. This isn't right" he says.

"I don't want to marry you, Dana" I say feeling tired.

"Why not?" He ask, confuse.

"Because I don't want to be your wife. Being with you is so exhausting. You don't help me around the house or even with Eva. I feel like a single mom most of the time" I say.

"Maybe if we're married then I'll act like a husband" he defends.

"If you don't act like one now with having a kid together and living in the same house, what makes you think you're gonna change if we're married?"

"You're being stupid, Yeji" he says messing up his hair. I can tell he's frustrated with me.

"Leave me alone please. You're stressinh me out and being stress is not good for the baby. I'll call the doctor tomorrow to set up an appointment. It's up to you if you wanna go or not" I say.

He leaves and I cry some more.

I couldn't take it anymore so I call Ryujin.

"Thank fluff you finally call— what happened? Why are you crying?" She ask.

"Don't hate me. Please" I cry.

"Why would I hate you? What happened?"

"Don't leave me please" I beg.

"You're making me worried Yeji. What happened?" She ask with her voice full of concern.

"I'm—I'm pregnant" I finally say.

The line becomes silent. All I can hear is her breathing and my crying.

"Please say something" I finally let out.

"Why are you sad? Shouldn't you be happy? You're having a baby" she says surprising me. I didn't expect her to say that.

"Aren't you mad?" I ask.

"Why would I be mad? He's your boyfriend. Were not together" I can feel the pain in her voice.

"I'm sorry."

"You shouldn't be sorry. You're having a baby. That's good news Yeji. Don't cry" she says trying to cheer me up.

"Are you still gonna come see me?" I say feeling scared she doesn't want to meet me anymore.

"If you want me to then yes" she says.

"Do you want to?"

She pauses for a bit, "Yes."

I wasn't convinced with her answer but I can't really blame her.

"Stop crying Yeji. I hate hearing you cry. Especially since I'm not there to hold you" She says making me cry even more.

"Are you upset that I'm pregant?" I ask.

"No, Yeji. I'm shocked, yes. A little hurt. Not because of you. You didn't do anything wrong. I guess I'm envious so it hurts? I want to be in Dana's shoes. I want to be the one there with you, taking care of you" She says.

"How did Dana take the news?" She ask.

"He asked if it was his again. Then suggested to get married again since we will have two kids now."

"Are you gonna? Get married?" She ask with hesitation.

"No. I don't love him anymore. I don't want to be with him. I want to be happy for once. I want to be with you" I say.

"Do you think that's still possible?" She ask.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, he's gonna threaten to take your kids away if you leave. How could we possibly be together? Now you have another kid on the way. Another reason for him to use against you so you would stay" she sadly says.

"We will figure out. I'm not giving up so don't give up either please" I beg.

"Okay." Is the only thing she said.