chapter 91

"Merry Christmas!" Everyone greets us.

"When did you guys get here?" Ryujin ask while hugging her mom.

"Not long ago. We were told that you were probably giving Yeji her Christmas gift early" Lisa winks at us.

"Is it sex?" Yuna innocently ask.

"No!" I wave my hands in front of me.

"The kids were with us" Ryujin chuckles.

"Children, enough. Let's open presents" My mom tells us.

The morning activities are fun. We exchange gifts. Laugh at each other. Enjoying each other's presence. It's so nice to see my mom interact with the Shins.

After the gift exchange, it was time to go to the hall that Mrs. Shin rented for the Christmas party tonight. It's early but we have to set up the room with decorations and prepare food.

Ryujin and Lisa help load the car with stuff Ervin might need. Portable crib, diapers, food and such. Since we will be there for majority of the day, they're making sure they're prepared. I think it's cute.

I told them I can do it but they said I should relax and enjoy Christmas. Ryujin told me privately that I shouldn't do much because she's sure it's been a while since the last time I enjoyed celebrating the holiday. I didn't even think about that but she's right.

When everything is ready and packed, we all drive to the building hall. Some of my cousins are already there to help too. My dad is also there already.

Travis and Lisa set up a little corner for Ervin's stuff. Ryujin helps me with the kids while Karina and Rosé takes it easy. My mom and Mrs. Shin are mainly the ones preparing the food.

We let Eva and Gabe run loose once we get everything almost settled. Rosé ask if he could watch Ervin for a little bit.

"Are you okay?" Ryujin ask me.

"I'm doing okay. It's weird not feeling anxious or worried or having no anticipation of something bad is gonna happen" I look around to see everyone decorating and rearranging the room.

"Is it okay if I drink tonight? I'll pump before I feed Ervin. He still has some milk he can have" I start rambling on.

"Yeji, you don't have to ask me for permission. If you want to drink you're free to do so" she chuckles.

"It's just I know you don't drink and I didn't want to start a fight" I say looking down.

"Why would that cause a fight? Do you start fights when you drink?" She ask.

"No. It was another reason my exes didn't like about me. They hate when I drink because it's not lady like" I sigh.

"Love, you don't need to ask me permission for anything, okay?" She takes my hands and squeezes them.

"Have fun today" she pulls me in and kiss my forehead.

"Stop making me feel like this" I bury my face on her shoulder.

"Feel like what?"

"Accepted. Mattered. Loved" I mumble.

"Isn't that good?" She starts rubbing my back.

"It is but I'm not used to it" I say.

"Get a room!" I hear Travis say.

"Don't be jealous because Karina won't let you touch her" Ryujin teases.

"Just get your ass outside to help with the sign" Travis scoffs before leaving.

"I have to go. I'll see you around. Have fun and don't worry" she gives me a quick peck on the lips.