chapter 118

There has been a change of plans. Instead of hanging out at Mikayla's apartment, her parents that attended our wedding invited us to their house. I guess whenever they have a family gathering or parties, that's the house they always go to since it's the most spacious and has the bigger backyard.

Were out in that backyard right now while having drinks. Everyone has an alcoholic beverage except Ryujin and Maddie since she's a minor.

There are other kids here thats about the same age as Maddie but she doesn't want to leave Ryujin's side.

For the most part, everyone is just asking questions about me. My likes and dislikes or they would ask questions about Ryujin and myself as a couple. They're genuinely just curious about me. I do see how they treat Ryujin as one of their cousins.

They're honestly really kind and welcoming too. I do envy Ryujin that she's surrounded by people like this while growing up. I sometimes wonder if I would have suffered as much if I was surrounded by people like this.

Since we're here at Ryujin's aunt's house, I'm not just meeting the cousins anymore. I'm also meeting their parents.

Apparently, they have all been trying to convince Ryujin to move here ever since she was in middle school. They're all fond of her and I don't blame them.

What I find crazy is that they also seem to like me. I've never had this great first impression with anyone. People assume I'm mean or a snob but they always tell Ryujin how lucky she is to find me.

They also tell her to make sure to take care of me well and that she should make sure to always make me happy. It's weird that they say that to her instead of me.

I did ask Mikayla why that seems to be the case, how they never really take their own family's side when it comes to that. She explained that usually meeting the family is already nerve-wracking so they don't want to make it worse by accidentally seeming like they're intimidating so they choose to just tease the family member.

"So you have two kids? Next time you should come visit again and bring them with you. We would love to meet them" The older one of Ryujin's God sister, Hazel says.

"We will definitely do that" I say.

"Let's get to the good stuff" May, the younger God sister, claps her hand while having a smirk on her face.

"What good stuff?" Ryujin ask.

"Well I'm sure Yeji knows that you're smart and competent so it's just right that she should know your dumb moments" May chuckles.

"I don't think she needs to. I'm sure she will witness them in the future" Ryujin glares.

"Oh come on, she has to know" they all laugh.

I look at Ryujin to see if she's upset but she's not so she's used to them picking on her like this.

"I wanna know" I chime in.

"See? Your wife wants to know so it's only fair" Mikayla says.

"I'm not listening to this. Do what you want" Ryujin chuckles but she didn't leave. I know she doesn't want to leave me alone in case I get uncomfortable.

"Where should we start? The senior prank?" Hazel hums.

"Which one?" May ask.

"How can there more than one senior pranks?" I ask.

"Because Ryujin was involved in her class senior pranks and the class above hers" Mikayla explains.

"I remember hearing it from my mom and I thought Ryujin was crazy" Mikayla adds.