chapter 141

"Mommy, when is Eva coming home?" Ervin is acting like he's so bored to hang out with me.

Ervin has been like this since Eva started school. He misses her all the time and I think it's the cutest thing ever.

It's been a few months since Eva started school. During her first day of school, I cried so much that Ryujin took the day off just to comfort me and help take care of Ervin.

I knew it was coming but it was different when I had to get her dressed up for school then seeing her with her backpack. It was just her first day but I already felt so proud of her.

"Do you not like hanging out with mommy?" I ask.

"You're okay but Eva is better" he says and he's starting to pick up Eva's sass.

To most people, they might not like it when kids give them sass, thinking they have a bad attitude. Ryujin and I don't really see a problem with it unless they do or say something that is disrespectful then we will sit them down and explain to them why they can't do or say that.

We see the kids having sass as a way to express who they are. Sometimes we forget that kids are still learning and it's our job to guide them. We're trying to help them find themselves and understand who they are. We're not trying to create a mini version of us.

I've seen a lot of parents treat their kids like they should know everything already and get upset if the kid makes a mistake. When Eva or Ervin makes a mistake, they will never feel like they're being shamed for it. We teach them that it's okay for mistakes to happen, we can always find a way to fix things.

"Ryuda is home too" I say to Ervin, maybe that will cheer him up.

Ryujin took today off for a mental health day. She started taking mental health days at least once a month, sometimes twice if she's really stressed with work.

"Eva is still better" I try not to smile at his cuteness and his love for his sister.

"I heard that" Ryujin comes back from the bathroom, "I thought we were best buds" Ryujin jokes.

Ryujin sits next to me on the couch and Ervin climbs on her right away.

"Ryuda, why doesn't uncle Travis and grandpa have those?" Ervin points at Ryujin's breast.

"You, mommy, auntie Yuna, auntie Karina, auntie Rosé, auntie Lisa and grandma all have them" Ervin is still trying to make sense of it.

"Because uncle Travis and grandpa are boys just like you and Gabe and TJ. Their breasts doesn't grow because males have very little breast tissue" Ryujin explains.

"Can we go to the park?" Ervin ask, just completely moving on from the breast topic.

"Yeah, we can do that" I say while looking at Ryujin to see if she's up for it too and she just nods.

"But first" he points up his index finger like he got an idea, "Group hug!"

That's a new thing Ervin has been doing. He would randomly call for a group hug. He says he likes being in the middle and people squishing him.

He gets off Ryujin then jumps in between Ryujin and I so we squeeze the life out of him.

"Too rough" he crosses his arms after we let him go.

"We're sorry, ice cream later?" Ryujin makes a peace offering.

"Deal!" Ervin runs off and starts trying to put his shoes on.

I lay my head on Ryujin's shoulder instead of standing up to get ready.

"You okay?" She puts her hand on my thigh and squeezes it.