chapter 137

A few months had passed since Travis got a new engagement ring. Karina accepted his proposal and they're actually planning the wedding now and they finally set a date. It was a simple proposal from what Karina said. It was an engagement they'll remember forever.

I guess Travis cooked a romantic dinner for the both of them and got food poisoning but he said at least they had it together so it's true love.

We also just had a state police and protective services check our home last week for Eva and Ervin's adoption. They want to make sure that they live in a safe place and make sure it's a healthy environment. They checked the area too and asked about the nearby school that the kids would attend in the future. They were pretty thorough with everything.

The kids wasn't home during that time because we didn't want them to be startled that there's strangers going through our house.

It went well for the most part. The agent from the protective services was nice. The cop, not so much. I don't think he liked the idea of two women raising kids together.

He kept asking questions that he had no business to ask. His job was to make sure that the place is safe. He kept making comments about our son not having a father figure or how the kids will get bullied for having two mothers.

Ryujin shut him down right away and the agent would also shut him up by telling him that it was not his job to make comments like that.

Overall, it was good news and we passed. We're just waiting for the official date when we go to the courthouse and Ryujin can officially adopt the two.

"Mommy, you're not good at building forts" Eva sighs.

I'm helping the kids build a fort right now since they wanted to. Ryujin is usually the one that helps them but she's at her therapy appointment.

"What's wrong with it?" I ask.

She facepalms herself, "It's just wrong."

I chuckle, "It's good enough though. You two can go in and it won't collapse."

"Nope, Ryuda always tells me to never settle for less and this is less" I laugh. The older Eva gets, the sassier she seems to be.

I pretend to be sad and she hugs me right away.

"It's okay, mommy. When I'm bigger and I can pick up the big blanket then I'll show you how to build a fort" she comforts me.

"Mommy, look!" He shows me his hand that's covered in peanut butter.

I immediately stand up, "What happened?"

"I was rubbing my sandwich on the floor."

"What?" I go to where he was eating.

"Why did you do that?" I lower myself to his level.

"You weren't paying attention to me" he looks down.

"Do you think this was the best solution to get my attention?" I softly ask. I don't want him to think he's in trouble because he's not. They're kids so they sometimes still struggle with expressing their feelings with words.

"What could you have done?" I ask.

"Go to you" he's still looking down.

"Were you experiencing big feelings?" I sit on the floor.

"Sorry" he apologizes.

"Baby, don't apologize for your feelings. It's okay. But next time, talk to mommy, okay? If you don't know what you're feeling or what to say, just come to me and ask for a hug and I'll know you're going through big feelings. And whenever you want mommy's attention then just say so, okay?"