chapter 157

A little over a year passes by after meeting up with Dana. I still can't believe that Eva didn't actually want to get to know him. She wanted to know why he hurt me. After that, she's back to her usual self though. Playful and straightforward. She's been extra sweet to Ryujin though. She was really worried to hurt her feelings by asking to see Dana. I used to underestimate kids but I realized that gentle parenting shows how kids can actually understand situations better than adults. I remember growing up and adults are always disregarding children's feelings and opinions. 

But Eva comprehends things so well so I'm not sure if it's just her or what. Ervin has his moments but most of the time he's unbothered with things. 

Elias is walking and talking now though. The whole family still refers to him as Egg except me so that's fun. 

Sometimes when Ryujin really wants to get his attention, she would randomly call him Egerthon with an English accent. I learned after all the years being married to Ryujin to not question why she does certain things because even after getting an answer from her, it still wouldn't make sense and you'll still be left wondering, why?

"Mommy! Ervin is hurt!" Eva runs into the house.

"What happened?" I quickly go to her.

Her and the kids are playing outside. I was watching them but I had to come in real quick to use the bathroom.

I run back outside and Ervin is on the ground, crying while holding his arm.

I go to him and I carefully check what's wrong. Since he's holding his arm, that's the first thing I check.

He can't seem move to it. I think it's broken.

I carefully pick him up.

"Eva, take Eli with you and go to grandma's house. I'll call her on the way to the hospital" I say to her.

"I wanna go. I have to make sure he's okay" Eva starts crying.

"We don't have time to argue about this, sweetie."

"I promise I'll call grandma and tell her to inform you about Ervin's condition, okay? But mommy has to go" I add.

She takes Eli's hand and they run to the Shin's house. I take Ervin to my car and buckle him in without moving his broken arm too much.

I call Ryujin on the way to the hospital and she said she'll meet us there.

"Ervin, baby, what happened?" I try to ask him even though I know it will be hard for him to answer since he can't stop crying.

On hindsight, I probably should have asked Eva but I was in the middle of panicking. I've never seen Ervin cry this hard.

We get to the hospital and I take Ervin in. I tell the nurse that my son might have a broken arm. She hands me a clipboard to fill out with his information and my information along with insurance information.

After I'm done, I give back the clipboard and she tells us to wait. I'm trying to comfort Ervin the best I can but nothing is working.

Not long after, Ryujin arrives and immediately tries to comfort Ervin too. She tells him stories of random things to try to keep him distracted while he waits. It somewhat works which I'm happy about.

Finally, they call us in. They ask what happened but again, I couldn't tell them because I failed to ask. Luckily, Ervin stopped crying enough to tell the nurse that he fell because he was trying to climb a tree.

I honestly feel like this is my fault. I shouldn't have left them alone like that. Now, my son is hurt because of me.

The nurse informs us that they have to take an x-ray but there's a high percentage that his arm is broken. The doctor comes in and confirms everything the nurse just said to us.