chapter 146

"Be good to grandma, okay?" I say to the kids before Ryujin and I have to leave. We have our meeting with the principal but we asked to include Eva's teacher too so we can discuss Eva's concerns.

"Be good to Ryuda" she pats my cheek.

"I will" I hug her one more time.

"Ervin, can I get a hug?" I say since he's already playing with Gabe

He runs to me while Eva goes to hug Ryujin. Ervin jumps to me and he accidentally headbutt me on my mouth.

"Ow" I say.

"I'm sorry, mommy" Ervin apologizes right away.

"It's okay, sweetie. Just next time be careful, okay?"

He nods his head and properly hugs me now.

Ryujin and I leave to go to the school. It is after hours so we do appreciate their time to meet us.

Once we arrive at the school, some teachers says hi to Ryujin since she did graduate from here and some of her teachers still work here. The High school and elementary are connected so that's how Ryujin's high school teachers recognized her. They all seem surprised that Ryujin is married and has her own family.

We go to the principal's office and he's already waiting for us along with Eva's teacher.

"Thank you for meeting with us tonight" Ryujin shakes their hands first then I follow.

We sit on the chairs across from the principal with the teacher next to him.

"How can we help you?" The principal, named Mr. Wesh, ask.

"We wanted to discuss Eva's education. I'm not sure if there's anything you can suggest because she finds school boring. She doesn't find it challenging enough" Ryujin says.

"We can have her take an assessment test and see what subjects she excels in then we can go from there" Mr. Wesh suggest.

"Would you be okay with bringing her up a grade if the test shows she's above average?" He ask.

"That's something we have to discuss with her. If she's okay with it then we will go for it. If not, I'd like to hear other options" I speak up now.

"You're the parents" the teacher, Mrs. Briggs, comments.

"And?" Ryujin and I both look at her.

"Why discuss something she won't understand?" She ask and I want to use violence right here, right now.

"Excuse me?" Ryujin is glaring at her.

Mr. Wesh coughs to try to break the tension, "We normally don't have advanced classes in elementary so I'm not sure what else we can do aside from placing her in a different grade based on her intellectual level."

"I understand that but if she does have to move up a grade then that's something we need to discuss with her. We're not gonna make the decision since the changes are gonna affect her the most" I say.

"You're the parents. She's a kid, she doesn't know any better" Mrs. Briggs says.

"Mrs. Briggs, watch what you say" the principal scolds her.

"That brings us to another topic we would like to discuss" Ryujin is clearly unhappy.

"Our daugher told us that she's been getting in trouble in class even though she's not doing anything wrong. Care to explain, Mrs. Briggs?" Ryujin says in a friendly way but you can sense there's harshness to it.

"I would love to" she says in a snarky way.

"Your daughter likes to mess around and doesn't follow directions. When the students are done with their work, they're supposed to put their heads down so they don't become a distraction for other students that are still working. But your daughter chooses to read books she brings from home."