chapter 150

Ryujin and I decided to go on a trip with just the two of us. We realized that even though we enjoy spending time together as a family, we should still have times where it's just the two of us. I didn't like that idea at first because I felt so selfish. I have kids so I thought my kids should be involved with everything I do. 

I was even hesitant to go on this trip because Elias is only a few months old but my mom and Mrs. Shin convinced me. They said that it's good for couples to get away once in a while or we will feel like we're stuck in the same routine and that could cause some issues in our relationship in the future. 

It's just gonna be a weekend trip up north. It's funny because while Ryujin was booking us a hotel to stay at, she got sidetracked and started planning another trip where we can bring the kids with us then it became a whole family and friends ordeal which I didn't mind. 

She planned for us to go camping as a family so my mom and John are invited along with my sister and Travis. I think it's gonna be fun because that's another memory my kids will remember they spend with their family. More things I didn't think I'd be able to do for my kids are trips like camping or amusement parks and such. 

"Are you ready?" Ryujin finally gets in the car after loading up our bags in the back. 

"Yes" I smile. 

Our drive will be close to three hours so we have snacks and drinks ready for our short road trip.

Ryujin and I take off. We said good bye to the kids earlier. At first, they were sad that we were leaving without them but once we explained that Ryujin and I need alone time too just like when they need alone time, they understood.

Ervin was still sad and cried so Eva comforted him. My mom will be staying with them while we're gone with Mrs. Shin helping out.

I think the last time Ryujin and I went away with just the two of us was during our honeymoon so I think this is long overdue.

She takes my hand while she drives. I think Ryujin does a lot of overthinking when she drives so she likes holding my hand to feel close to me.

Ryujin doesn't usually share her thoughts but being with her for a while, I can sense when her thoughts are not good. Whenever that happens, she usually likes to be left alone so I'll take the kids with me for a few hours so she can have time to process her thoughts without anyone disturbing her.

There's also times where she would break down and cry. Nothing really triggers her depression she says. She explained how it's tough on a daily basis but she's usually able to push through it but some days are harder than most and that's when she stays in bed or she will hold me.

If anyone looks at Ryujin, you wouldn't think she suffers from depression. She loves to smile and have fun but deep down she feels an unexplainable pain and sadness.

I do love that she doesn't hide from me. When some days are tough for her, she will usually let me know. She still sees her therapist once a week or twice a week, depending on how she's feeling during that particular week.

It amazes how she is able to still take care of us and love us the way she does even though there are times where it's even hard for her to get out of bed. She says that me and the kids keep her going so I make sure I take care of her well too. I don't want her to feel that she's the only one putting effort into our family. 

"Are you hungry?" I ask, an hour into our drive. 

"Not really" she focuses on the road. 

"Are you hungry? Do you want to stop somewhere?" She glances at me.