chapter 126

Today is Ervin's first birthday so my mom, John, Karina and Travis are in town. My dad couldn't make it because of work. The Shins asked me if it was okay for them to organize the party which I didn't mind.

They still asked for approval for everything they've decided though which I also really appreciate.

Ervin is saying a few words like mama and rara. Ryujin is rara since he can't quite say dada. We were trying to get him to say mommy and mama but Eva insisted that Ryujin should be called dada by Ervin too. He's not quite in the walking stage yet. He can crawl and stand as long as he's holding onto something.

In the past months, we've also taken the kids to the doctor just for a check up. Thankfully, both kids are healthy. Eva is tall for her age though so Chaeryeong made a joke to Ryujin that soon Eva will surpass her height then the two started bickering.

Ryujin's friends have really taken on the role of aunties and uncles to my kids seriously. They take every chance to visit and spoil them. Again, I'm just really happy that my kids have so many people around them that loves and cares for them so it puts my heart at ease.

The house is done being built and were just waiting for all the furnitures and appliances to be delivered. It's so hard for me to call it my house or our house though since I didn't contribute anything towards it so I mainly see it as Ryujin's house.

She doesn't like it when I call it that though. She said that it's ours because it's a gift from her parents and were married so everything that's hers is also mine.

I know Ryujin is a generous person but I'm still not fully used to it.

I'm also in the process of getting my driver's license here in the states and about a month ago, we had another interview with immigration so they can make sure this marriage was still in good faith.

"So you're telling me that Lia and you are dating?" Yuna ask Chaeryeong.

Were currently outside for Ervin's party. We're standing in like a circle just talking to each other. Ryujin is busy grilling meat for the guests and Ervin is with Mrs. Shin since she really wants to show her friends how cute Ervin is. I've never met anyone who's so proud to be a grandma than her. She's constantly talking about her grandkids to everyone.

Eva is playing with Gabe and some other kids in the party. I'm so relieve that I met Ryujin while Eva is still young so all these changes doesn't seem to affect her as much. I can't even imagine what she would feel if she was close to Dana and we had to separate.

I honestly don't know if he would have been a good father to her or not. I think back at all the times where he didn't even bother to hold her for days unless I ask him to. Sometimes he would even comment on Eva's weight and we would fight about it. He would blame me for her weight gain.

I knew he doesn't like bigger people because he would always say negative things to me whenever I would gain weight. Even when I was pregnant, he would make comments that the baby only weigh like four pounds so why am I fifteen pounds overweight.

I really don't know how I managed to stay with him for that long. Did I really think that it was a better option than raising Eva alone? I'm just really glad Ryujin came along and opened my eyes.

"Yeji? Are you there? Why aren't you saying anything about this big revelation of Lia and Chaeryeong dating?" Yuna waves her hands in front of my face.

"You've been zoning out a lot lately. Are you okay?" She ask.

"Yes. Sometimes it's just hard to believe that this is really my life. It feels too good to be true" I say.