chapter 16

I didn't talk to Ryujin for a week after that night. I keep telling myself I won't talk to him ever again. I'm so hurt over what happened. He pretty much just rejected me. He keeps texting me though. Saying sorry and asking if I'm okay which makes me miss him.

In the end, I fail and I continue talking to him but I don't know if I'm okay with the whole just friends thing.

In that week of not talking, it was hard. I had to pretend I was okay and not hurting in front of Dana. I think he's starting to sense something because I caught him checking my phone. Good thing Ryujin and I fought because I actually deleted our conversation because I swore to myself I wasn't going to talk him ever again.

I'm still planning to break up with Dana though. Whether Ryujin wants to be with me or not,  I know for sure I can't be with Dana.

I go about my usual routine until Dana comes home. I mentally prepare myself for the talk.

He comes home and tries to give me his usual hug and kiss but I stop him. He gives me a confuse look, "What's wrong?"

I exhale, "I want to break up."

I look at him expecting anger or sadness or something but nothing. He just stares at me. It was starting to make me uncomfortable.

"Are you moving out?" He ask me. I did not expect that to be the first question he would ask.

"I can't. I was going to stay in the guest bedroom and pay rent" I say hoping he won't kick me out.

He smiles, "Okay."

"Why are you smiling? I just broke up with you. I expected a lot of things but this isn't the reaction I expected from you" I say.

"Yeji, you have no where to go. You can't afford a place of your own and support Eva. You think we're broken up but as long as you live here then we're together. No one is gonna know you broke up with me. In their eyes, we're a happy family. Besides I'm sure sooner or later you'll come back to me. I'm not worried" he says before going upstairs to his room.

I don't know how to react but as long as he doesn't try to touch me again then I don't care what he thinks. I'm finally single again so I text Ryujin.

kitty_purrfect: Guess who's single???

hard_carryy0: You?

kitty_purrfect: Yes sir. Single and ready to mingle with you

hard_carryy0: Cute.

kitty_purrfect: so when are you gonna break up with your girlfriend

hard_carryy0: Who says we're breaking up?

kitty_purrfect: I am. Ryujin, I can't do this just friends with you. I'm okay with doing LDR until we can be together physically. Don't lie to me and say we won't work out and bullshit. I've never felt this connected with anyone but you

hard_carryy0: I just don't want you to get hurt.

kitty_purrfect: you're hurting me now that you're saying you don't want to be with me when I know deep down you do. What's holding you back?

hard_carryy0: Nothing. Well my girlfriend.

kitty_purrfect: Why are you even dating your ex? They're an ex for a reason