chapter 32

I wake up and I feel someone hugging me from behind. I smile remembering that Ryujin spent the night. I lay down for a bit enjoying the feeling of being in her arms.

I feel her pull me closer to her and kiss the back of my shoulder. I smile and squeeze her arm that's wrapped around me.

"Good morning" she says while her lips are still pressed against my shoulder.

"Good morning" I say. I turn my body around so I can see her face.

"Why are you smiling?" I ask.

"I had the best sleep with you next to me" she says.

"I slept pretty good too" I smile back at her.

"I would think so. I think last night really tired you out."

"How long are you gonna be in town?" I ask.

"A week? My friend is leaving tomorrow but I can stay a week" she says.

I pout at her. "Don't look like that. You're too cute" she says.

"Now that we've met in person, I'm gonna miss you when you go back" I say to her still pouting.

She pats my head and for some reason I enjoy it. "Don't worry about that right now. Let's have fun together while I'm here. Show me around Newfoundland. I'd really like to get to know you and Eva more while I'm here."

"I love you" I say.

"Out of nowhere?" She laughs, "I love you too."

"Is this weird? You're technically not my girlfriend and were saying I love you to each other?" She ask.

"I don't care. I just wanted to say it" I say to her.

We hear a knock on the door, "I hope you two are not having morning sex because breakfast is ready!" My sister yells.

Ryujin laughs but I feel embarrassed, "I'm sorry about her. She can be a bit much sometimes" I say.

"It's okay. I like her" she chuckles.

"Like her how?" I ask before I can stop myself.

"Yeji, are you really gonna be jealous of your sister" she keeps laughing.

"I don't know? Liking a girl is new to me so I'm not sure what I'm allowed or not allowed to do" I say.

"There's no rules. Treat us just like any relationship" she squeezes my cheeks.

She gets up from the bed and offers her hand to me so I would get up too. I accept it but pull her down instead. Our heads accidentally bump each other, "Ouch" we both say laughing.

"That didn't go as planned" I say rubbing my head.

She gets up again but this time she pulls me up with her, "Let's go before your sister comes back and say something again then I won't be able to face your mom."

We head downstairs to see my mom, my sister, Eva, Travis and John waiting for us. I immediately pick up Eva and give her morning kisses.

"I miss you my baby" I say squeezing her. I bring her to Ryujin so they can finally meet in person.

"Eva, this is Ryujin. Ryujin, this is Eva" I introduce them to each other.

Eva extends her arms to Ryujin, signaling she wants to go to her. Ryujin takes her and my heart almost jumps out seeing her smile at Eva. She looks at my daughter with so much adoration.

"Hey Eva. Finally nice to meet you. Should you, your mom and myself go somewhere today?" She ask.

I fail to realize I was staring until she looks at me and waves.

My mom then takes Eva from Ryujin, "Let's eat."

I know my mom is still unsure with this Ryujin thing but thankfully, Ryujin is being understanding about the whole thing.

We sit down at the table. My mom must have intentionally set this up so Ryujin and I aren't sitting next to each other. Luckily, my sister likes Ryujin and Ryujin seems to get along with anyone.

"Ryujin, this is my boyfriend, Travis" my sister says.

Ryujin extends her hand for a handshake and Travis accepts.

"So Ryujin, what did you do that Yeji suddenly starts dating a girl?" Travis asks with a smirk on his face.

"What can I say? I got the charm, the brains and the looks" Ryujin plays along.

"I like you already" he says, "Do you like hockey?"

"Yep, Red wings fan to the bone" Ryujin proudly state.

"No way! I'm a red wings fan too!" Travis is now extremely excited.

"Come visit me sometime and I'll take you to a game" Ryujin offers.

"I might take you up on that" Travis gives Ryujin a fist bump.

During the rest of the breakfast meal, my mom went on interrogation mode with Ryujin. From asking about her family, her job, her life goals, her hobbies, if she's ever been arrested or committed a crime but didn't get caught.

"Mom, what are you doing? You never did any of this to my previous boyfriends you've met" I frown at her.

"I'm just making sure she's a good person, Yeji. I'm just worried about you" She scolds me.

"It's okay, Yeji. I understand. Your family is welcome to ask me any questions they want" Ryujin says.

"Tell us about your sex life" Karina suddenly say.

"Karina!" My mom and I both say at the same time.

"I'll tell you some other time" Ryujin chuckles.

I glare at her. "I'm kidding" she says right away.

"You said you like hunting, what do you hunt?" Travis ask a question now.

"I mainly do deer hunting" Ryujin answers.

"What do you do with the meat?" Travis ask.

"After it's processed, I take what I need then donate the rest to nearby food pantries around where I live" she answers.

"Wow you're so cool" Karina says giving Ryujin two thumbs up.

"Thank you?" Ryujin chuckles.

I feel like I'm not even in this room. Travis and Karina seem to be really fond of Ryujin. Karina just really supports me and Ryujin. While Travis and Ryujin have a lot of common hobbies.

I feel really happy seeing them interact with her though. Aside from my mom still not feeling comfortable with her, this the most relax I've seen my family with someone I like.