chapter 139

It's adoption day and it feels like I'm more nervous than anyone. It's technically already been approved unless the judge decides to block it.

We did have to explain to the kids what's happening but I don't think they understand the concept of adoption yet so they listened to what we had to say then continued playing afterwards.

In their perspective, Ryujin and I are the only parents they have. They're not aware that they have a biological father.

"Mommy, is the thing gonna take long? I have to wash my rocks later" Eva ask while I get her ready.

Eva has been into rocks lately while Ervin is into squirrels. Every morning, he would put a plate of bird food outside and he would just watch squirrels eat throughout the day.

"I think your rocks would be okay if it missed one day of washing" I say.

She looks skeptical, "I don't think so. You don't let us miss a day of washing so why would my rocks miss a day?"

Sometimes Eva really leaves me speechless. I don't know how she comes up with an argument so fast.

"We're ready" Ryujin knocks on the open door while holding Ervin.

"Are the queens ready?" She ask.

"You look good, Eva" Ervin gives her two thumbs up.

"Thank you. You look good too" Eva smiles forgetting about her rocks.

"Ryuda says I'm gonna be the most handsome one today" Ervin proudly say.

"The only other boys going is TJ and Gabe. Uncle Travis always looks funny. Grandpa and grandpa John doesn't count because they're old" Eva says with a straight face.

Ervin makes a sad face.

"Eva, not nice" I say.

Eva realizes what she said and approaches Ervin that's still being held by Ryujin.

"I'm sorry, Ervin. You'll be the most handsome today" Eva tries to comfort her brother.

Ervin smiles, completely forgetting about what Eva said in the beginning.

"Okay, let's go or we might be late" I say.

"Ryujin, why aren't you saying anything?" I ask since she's just standing there smiling at us.

"Today is really the day. I know not much is gonna change with our daily lives after today but knowing that they will legally be my kids too is exciting" I can feel Ryujin's genuine happiness.

"You're an amazing mother to them" I walk to her to give her a kiss.

"Eww" the kids cover their eyes.

"Eww? Me loving mommy is eww?!" Ryujin starts her tickle attack.

"Yes!" The two answer while laughing.

"Take it back!" Ryujin continues to attack them.

"Stop that. Their clothes are gonna get wrinkled. Attack them later" I chuckle.

"You two are lucky that your mommy saved you" Ryujin gives each of them a kiss before straightening up.

We head to the car to go to the courthouse. Everyone is just gonna meet us there. It's gonna be a private thing so it's only family and friends in the courtroom.

I feel more nervous the closer we get. Ryujin holds my hand the whole time we're driving because I think she can sense it.

At the courthouse, everyone is already there and we're just waiting for someone to tell us to enter the courtroom.