chapter 95

Today, the Shins are leaving to go back to the states. Ryujin, Eva and I are going to PEI too. Karina and Travis will be watching Ervin.

Ervin is too young to fly and driving can take almost a week. And I mentioned before that I'm not comfortable bringing him either. I did mention to Eva that she will be seeing her grandpa from her dad's side but she doesn't seem to remember them. I felt bad when I saw the confused look on her face.

We're having breakfast right now. Kind of like our last meal together.

"Ryujin, do you have to go?" Travis pouts.

"Yes, I'm not letting Yeji go alone" Ryujin laughs while eating her breakfast.

"But I thought we had plans together. You're gonna help with the baby's room" Travis whines.

"I will when I get back" Ryujin tries to calm him down.

"Why don't you just date her?" Karina says annoyed.

"Because she likes girls and she's with Yeji" Travis answers without thinking.

"What did you say?" Karina sends laser beams through her eyes, not really but it feels like it.

Ryujin is trying contain her laughter so I lightly pinch her thigh so she doesn't anger the pregnant Karina even more.

"You would date her if she wasn't into girls and if she's single? Is that what you're saying?" Karina slowly say, adding the 'fear me' effect.

Everyone has stopped eating at this point. Carefully watching how Travis is gonna save himself from this one.

Travis looks down first.

"No. I must have gone crazy for a second there. How could I ever think of dating someone else when I already have the best in the world? No one can compare to you, my sweetie pie" Travis states with a cheesy smile on his face.

"What's that in your hand?" Karina raises her left brow.

"Nothing" Travis obviously puts something in his pocket.

Lisa, Rosé and Yuna are laughing now, leaving me confuse. What's so funny?

Mrs. Shin is shaking her head too while smiling.

"Give it to me now" Karina lays out her hand, waiting for Travis to budge.

Travis sighs, feeling like he has no choice and hands his phone over to her. Karina looks at his phone. "You can't even come up with your own excuse? Ryujin had to send you what to say!?" Karina raises her voice but not because of anger. She can't believe that he actually read what Ryujin sent him.

I look at Ryujin and she's laughing along with everyone else. I didn't notice that she had her phone out to text Travis.

"How did you all know that Ryujin sent something? You were already laughing earlier?" I ask the three.

"Ryujin says something similar to our parents whenever she gets in trouble" Yuna chuckles.

"What does she say?" I ask.

"There's one time where she didn't listen to our mom and she got hurt so our mom got mad and during the long hours of nagging—"

"Watch it" Mrs. Shin cuts in.

"During her love talk" Yuna corrects herself, "Ryujin would stop her by saying, 'I'm sorry. I must have gone crazy for a second there. How could I ever think of defying your greatness? No one can compare to the all knowing and beautiful mother of mine' so when Travis said that, we knew Ryujin was behind it" Yuna finishes her explanation.